I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

LSU Gold
Posted by: John Hailey (12.116.58.---)
Date: November 12, 2009 09:41AM

I'm building a rod with LSU colors for my boss. I am planning on using Gudebrod #521 HT Metallic Purple. Can someone recommend a gold that will match the LSU gold? Thanks for any help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LSU Gold
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: November 12, 2009 10:12AM

John sad to say that gold is no longer the color - it is a yellow

Please do not use the metallic purple - in the sunlight - very very quickly it will turn to an awful pewter! This has been reported many times on this forum.

If you need some help with this please click on my name above and send me an email.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.hsd1.la.comcast.net)
Date: November 12, 2009 10:13AM

John if I were you I would use Gudebrod NCP purple. The metallic you chose will soon turn pale and silver looking over a short time. Their metallic purple thread is one of the worst in their line for fading.

Lance

Posted by: dave schaub (63.241.190.---)
Date: November 12, 2009 11:44AM

I am so glad you posted this John, as I was going to ask our Swampland folks for color recommendations on an LSU rod I have to do.
So now we have settled on the Gudebrod NCP Purple, which one do you recommend for the Yellow?

Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.hsd1.la.comcast.net)
Date: November 12, 2009 01:43PM

NCP # 6778 Gudebrod Lemon Yellow.

Lance

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: November 12, 2009 02:04PM

Dave this information will allow you to deal with your customer to determine the desired color scheme.

For all the old ones, say over 50, the official colors for the Ole War Skule were purple and gold. NCP gold was a perfect match.

White was added to the colors in honor of the White Team of Paul Dietzel's National Champion in 1959.

Then black was added in 1964 for another reason.

Look at the logo with the Tiger peering over the top of Tiger Stadium - Four colors Purple, Gold, White and Black

Then the Tigers won the National Championship in 2002 and Southern University Won the National Championship - their Jaguar color was blue and yellow.

Governor Kathelene Blanco Babineaux had the official colors of LSU changed to display a common color for the two separate state supported universities - hence the yellow lance noted.

The next time you see LSU on TV the only gold on the field will be the Band Uniforms which are still the same old official gold.

To some of us it is a sore subject - ask you customer how old he is before you make a choice!

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.mercymiami.org)
Date: November 12, 2009 02:28PM

I placed my order early this morning before seeing this. Any idea how close Madeira 1832 (with CP) will be?

Posted by: Robert Russell (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 12, 2009 08:32PM

You guys should just keep it simple. Use 2 colors, burnt orange and white.

Posted by: Larry Rogers (---.ryancompanies.com)
Date: November 13, 2009 08:31AM

Robert... Thanks for the last post ..Caught me by surprise and I'm STILL chuckling..

Posted by: dave schaub (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 15, 2009 11:05PM

Thanks Bill, I had to run away for a weekend. The rod is for my aunt who is over 80 but still fishes in "her" pond in the front yard!
I an sure she will prefer the gold. Glad you let me know. Dave

Posted by: John Hailey (12.116.58.---)
Date: November 16, 2009 01:44PM

Haha, if it were a Texas rod it would be built already. Living in Austin, it's a must to keep burnt orange and white stockpiled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2009 01:45PM by John Hailey.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster