I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

CLemens rod supports and tool rest
Posted by: Chuck Payne (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 11, 2009 03:32PM

I am looking for a few clemens rod supports. I know that the Renzetti's fit, but they dont look the same, and I'm kinda OCD about stuff. If any one knows where I may be able to get some and a tool rest I would appreciate it. I would like 2 or 3 stands and a tool rest. THen I will finally have completed my lathe the way I want it, untill I change my mind again.LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CLemens rod supports and tool rest
Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 11, 2009 04:07PM

Chuck ;you have mail!

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 11, 2009 04:07PM

Chuck ;you have mail!

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: November 11, 2009 04:14PM

I have both and they look identical to me. At one time the Clemens supports had plated uprights, but that would be about the only difference.

Date: November 11, 2009 04:54PM

That is the only difference, but again I am obsessive compulsive, so I want it the way I want it or it drives me nuts. I think most rod builders would have to be that way really, but not so much with thier rod stands ;)

Posted by: robert smith (---.)
Date: November 11, 2009 04:59PM

take the screw out of the bottom and take the Renzetti uprights to a shop and have them plated. Would not cost much. You want to keep in mind that Clemens is long gone so you cannot get new ones from them anyway.

Date: November 11, 2009 05:05PM

You can still get new ones, but I have to wait for a few months on them right now. Parts are being machined. Just have to know where to look. I may just do the Renzetti ones, and powder coat them all some crazy color just to personalize it, actually that sounds like a really good idea to me. Anyone have any renzetti ones I will take them now.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: November 12, 2009 09:38PM

Chuck,
Go to your corner hardware store and buy a $4 can of spray paint in your choice of colors and paint everything the same color.
Then you will have your "same" look for $4.

Take care
Roger

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: November 12, 2009 09:40PM

Chuck,
Or, simply take the stands apart and use a power wire brush to give each stand a brushed finish. No cost and a lifetime brushed finish.

I have done that with my rod support stands and it works out very well with a lifetime finish.

Take care
Roger

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 13, 2009 05:25AM

Powder coating works good, but it is a realy PITA to do. I've got Purple powder coated lathe parts, supports, and thread carriage, it is pretty cool.IT would be a LOT easier to have just spray painted them. Breaking the parts down, cleaning & prepping is what took the longest though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster