I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

SE #2 Status
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 07, 2009 11:09AM

I'm told that the new CDs will be here on Friday. It will be Monday and Tuesday before they begin shipping. Those of you who have already ordered should see your copy towards the end of next week.

I mistakenly left off a few of the included articles and have added them below. This thing ended up pushing out to over 80 pages and there was so much in it that I just overlooked a few of the articles.

RodMaker Magazine Special Edition CD #2, will be delivered to me this coming Friday. It deals with building specific rod types including, but not limited to:

Ultra-Light Rods
Stand-Up Rods
Two Handed Rods
Musky Rods
Great Lakes Trolling Rods
Bass Revolver Rods
No-Foregrip Rods
Live Bait Rods
Surf Rods
River Bass Rods
Spiral Wrapped Rods
Making Wooden Rods
New Guide Concept Spinning Rods
Vibronics Rods
Sensi-Touch Custom Rods
Split Grip Rods
And Assorted/Related Articles On Task Specific Construction.

It ended up being a much larger volume than I had originally intended, consisting of over 80 pages total. There are 16 chapters in all.

I am having 250 copies produced. They will be offered here first and are available by mail order only for the time being. I will list them on the website in about 2 weeks once I see how many are left. In the meantime, they are $29.95 ppd, by check or money order to RodMaker, PO Box 1322, High Point, NC 27261. I will accept PayPal orders (remit to [email protected]) but please remember to include your address and specify that you want Special Edition #2 in the comments box. I expect to start shipping this edition within 10 days, or less.

And yes, I'll toss in one of the International Custom Rod Building Symbols with each order. I know somebody will ask.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 07:15PM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SE #2 Status
Posted by: Blair Chilton (---.eq.edu.au)
Date: October 07, 2009 06:53PM

Hi Tom,

I was just wondering if there would be any chance that I could get one of these CD’s sent to Australia? I would be more then happy to pay for the extra postage of course.

Cheers mate

Date: October 07, 2009 07:16PM

Postage isn't the problem - I don't have anyone to send to the post office to fill out the postage forms and stand in line waiting to mail it. I certainly can't take an hour out of my day to do it. Sorry.

Date: October 07, 2009 07:17PM

Just a thought, contact Ian Miller at ian@millerods.com and see if he'll buy a few to distribute there. I send his magazines to a guy here in the US who then reships them to Australia.

Posted by: Heath Boeddeker (---.runestone.stellarllc.net)
Date: October 07, 2009 10:28PM

Howdy All ,

If it would be of any help I would be willing to get a copy of the cd from Tom and take care of getting it to Austrailia if that wouldbe of any help just e-mail with all the details so I can get things rolling when needed .

Heath

Date: October 09, 2009 08:09PM

Howdy Tom ,

Do you have any of the Special edition CD's Left ?

Thank you in advance,
Heath

Posted by: Blair Chilton (120.17.16.---)
Date: October 10, 2009 02:26AM

Hi Heath,

Thanks so much for the offer mate. I have emailed Ian Miller but I haven't heard back yet so, if possible, I might go ahead and take you up on your offer. Obviously this depends on availability. If you would like to email me so that we can organise things my email address is blair.chilton@gmail.com.
Thanks again for the offer, I really appreciate it. I will keep an eye out for any word from Tom about availability and look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers mate

Date: October 10, 2009 10:18AM

Howdy Blair ,

E-mail sent to you .Take we will get something figured out hopefully soon .

Heath

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster