I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Issue
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: September 23, 2009 11:06AM

The new issue of RodMaker, Volume 12 #5 will mail in about 2 weeks. If you happen to be a subscriber, please check the numbers to the right of your name on your last mailing cover. They indicate the last issue of your subscription with a volume and issue number. If you see "12-4" your subscription has expired and you won't be getting the new one unless you renew pretty quickly.

The new issue breaks new ground in the custom rod building field in several areas. There are some techniques within that haven't been seen in custom rod building but which I think will be instant hits once the readers see them. Should be a lot of fun and I expect we'll all be treated to some very interesting photos here before long.

Also, the information on the website is wrong - I'm getting it taken care of now. A year's subscription or renewal is still just $27.95. The site currently lists it at $29.95 but I only charge $27.95.

[www.rodmakermagazine.com]

Old Issue Sets - I can make up about 10 more sets. That's all.

Clearing out the last of the oldest RodMaker back issues, I have 7 early issues that are too few in number to put or keep on the website. I can make up a few sets for those interested and sell them at less than cost just to move them on out. (The sets will now include 7 issues for the same price.)

So, $15 gets these 7 issues plus free USPS Priority Mail shipping (That’s $5 right there).

They have been separated into sets. All 7 issues for $15 which includes shipping. I have about 30 to maybe 40 sets total.

Check or MO to: RodMaker, PO Box 1322, High Point, NC 27261

Yes, I will accept PayPal. rodmaker@earthlink.net is the recipient address.

Volume 1 #3
Long Foot Control
Finishing Problems Solved
Mini-Lathe Test
Product Test - CP811
Letters
Tools
Techniques
Photo Gallery
The Boltman
Q&A
Reader Tips
Final Thoughts

Volume 2 #5 (Reproduction)
Interview with Gary Loomis
National Heddon Museum
Guide Spacing Grid System
Apprenticeship: Step to Mastery
Letters
News
New Products
Photo Gallery
Q&A
Classifieds
Final Thoughts

Volume 4 #2
The Truth About Color Preserver
The Revolver Rod
Moun ting Butt Caps and Gimballs
The Bamboo Corner - Gluing Strips
Book Review
Letters
News
New Products
Photo Gallery
Q&A
Classifieds
Final Thoughts

Volume 4 #3
No-Foregrip Casting Rods
Mermaid Weave Pattern
Fly Rod Grips
Advantage of Rod Repair
Guide Foot Preparation
The Bamboo Corner - Ferrules, Seat & Grip
Letters
News
New Products
Photo Gallery
Q&A
Classifieds
Final Thoughts

Volume 5 #2
Building Cork Composite Grips
Water Break Free Surface Preparation
Making Ferrule Plugs
Letters
News
New Products
Photo Gallery
Q&A
Classifieds
Final Thoughts

Volume 5 #4 (will substitute another issue if this one runs out)
Introduction to Weaving
Black Feet, Artifacts of Process, Education and Competitive Grace
Packaging for Marketing Custom Rods
Anniversary Interview
Letters
News
New Products
Photo Gallery
Q&A
Classifieds
Final Thoughts

*Plus 1 more issue of my choice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Issue
Posted by: Joe Doyle (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: September 24, 2009 08:27PM

Tom, I'm looking forward to the new issue.

By they way, I have a question that I've always wanted to ask but didn't. If an article appears in Rod Maker Magazine, and there is no author's name attached to the article, can I assume that you are the author? Just curious.

Thanks.

Re: New Issue
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: September 24, 2009 08:57PM

Generally yes. I'm pretty good about making sure all the other authors get due credit. I'm not as concerned about myself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster