I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Expo 2010
Posted by: Lyle Stokes (---.rt-bras.pell.centurytel.net)
Date: August 20, 2009 01:30PM

Yesterday secured airline tickets and a few days ago confirmed hotel room for the Expo. This will be the first one so the wife and I are really excited. We figure we will take a few days and have a good time while we are there. Looking forward to meeting everone and learning a few things while I'm there. I'm hoping you guys can teach an old dog a few new tricks.

www.blackhorsecustomrods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Expo 2010
Posted by: Ken Finch (---.orlando-03rh16rt-04rh15rt.fl.dial-access.att.net)
Date: August 20, 2009 01:34PM

You are in for a special treat! You often hear people talk about how there is nothing else like the Expo and once there you are going to find out exactly why so many make that statement.

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.ppoe.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: August 20, 2009 01:59PM

Ken is correct ! You and your wife will have a great time. There are a lot of ladies attending the ICRBE.
Be sure to have a wad of cash or a thick credit card because you will find a lot of great deals on rod building supplies. You are bound to find something you cant live without !
I always spend too much when I go , but I am a pack rat anyway. Have to drive an SUV to haul it all home.
And if you run out of money you can always look up Mike Barkley and borrow a couple of grand from him, if he hasen't spent all of it.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2009 02:02PM by Jay Hunt.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: August 20, 2009 02:35PM

Lyle the "old dog" plane landed on a lot of runways!

Stop by the Swampland Booth and we will compare birthdays - If I loose I will bet you Barkeys' two grand that the tall beared one doing all the talking in the Trondak booth has you well covered! The three names math totals 3X = 233

No matter what this old dog will will howl when he hands you your name badge!

When the link opens click on it to enlarge -

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Gon Fishn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2009 02:37PM by Bill Stevens.

Date: August 20, 2009 03:58PM

Thanks all. Bill I will be sure to stop by, I may not win the old dog thing, but I feel I might be in the running. If I loose I still have a great name tag!!!

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: August 20, 2009 04:05PM

We will even have some big boy blanks that will fit your bill!

How bout this beast to hang on your picture wall!

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Date: August 20, 2009 04:29PM

Now thats what I'm talking about right there!!!!!

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: August 20, 2009 05:19PM

Bringing the wife just increased your chances of winning the Renzetti lathe 25 fold as the ladies have quite a track record of winning at the reception.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 20, 2009 07:18PM

Off topic Bill, I sent Lance an email through the website link and haven't gotten a reply yet. Email sent yesterday afternoon. Is he OOT? Not an urgent thing, just wondering.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: August 21, 2009 01:01AM

Sorry Jay, My wife is already threatening to call VISA and put a limit on my credit card

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster