I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

rod selection
Posted by: Steven Franatovich (---.sip.msy.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 31, 2009 04:38PM

I just started buiding rods not to long ago I have 5 builds and a bunch of rebuilds under my belt my work comes out real well I'm not having any trouble with any of the steps so far. I have been doin buids for myself and freinds. I'm a diehard bass fisherman but I live in one the greatest salt water areas in the country, southeast La just east of venice, La. I want to attract the attention of the local fisherman that fish mainly for redfish and speckle trout. I want to build a few rods that would appeal to them with both spinning and casting. I've been looking at the batson blanks but I want to order something thats going to be the best bang for there buck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: rod selection
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: July 31, 2009 04:58PM

Steven you have now stepped into a big sticky puddle that you will not escape.

Ed Sexton and Deadly Dudley of the Team Deadly Dudley won the Faux Pas Slam Calcutta Cash last weekend with these - Flounder, Redfish and Speckled Trout

[rodbuilding.org]

Our shops are in Houma and Baton Rouge and we would love to work with you

Come See Sha!

Contact me via Contact Us :

[www.swamplandtackle.com]

Date: July 31, 2009 05:13PM

I think a 8' rod would scare alot of the local fisherman but I deffenetly would like to check out the other sizes. I plan to come see ya'll its just finding the time right now with work.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 31, 2009 05:22PM

Steven;
You have just received an invitation by the best possible person that you could get around to get you started in the right direction.
What you have been offered is a gift.
Mmy suggestion is that you take advantage of his hospitality as much as he will allow.
Wished I had the same access as you

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: July 31, 2009 05:57PM

We will certainly enjoy your contact - your family name indicates one who may live in a strange place - may be connected to oysters as well! Your description of where you live intrigues me - Just East of Venice!

Baptiste Collette, Flat Boat, The Jump, Central Facilites, Breton Island, Pilot Town? Are you a marsh resident?

Guys take a look and see that there ain't nutting East of Venice except water, gators, oil rigs and fish! The winning fish for next years Bass Master Classic will come from these waters!

[www.mapquest.com]

If you see the white surburban at the beige trailor with the boat shed in front just south of the Church in Port Sulfur next to Voght Fruit Stand stop, get down and come in!

It is absolutey hilarious that two top knotch spec fishermen in the area won the Faux Pas Calcutta Grand Slam with Bass Frog Rods. They also broke two of the 874s in the butt split grip area in rod holders and lost one overboard with a brand new Calcutta 250 - good thing they won the cash!

Gon Fishn

Date: July 31, 2009 06:03PM

I'm from St. Bernard parish we actualy have the redfish cup going on right now.

Posted by: Capt alan beck (---.cor.clearwire-dns.net)
Date: August 01, 2009 03:33AM

steven
theres your chance and boy i jump on it ask bill about a 964 for wake baits and redfish, you show them cup boys one of bills 964 micro guides all on top and youll be buzy take one down to the dock let them cunk itt thats all you got to do!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster