I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

USA blanks
Posted by: Mark Marshall (---.dhcp.jcsn.tn.charter.com)
Date: July 21, 2009 05:04PM

Are there any blank manufactures based in the U.S.?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: USA blanks
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 21, 2009 05:08PM

Lamiglas

Seeker

United Composites

Thomas & Thomas

Orvis

Winston

North Fork Composites

Talon

St. Croix

Steffen Brothers

Sage

Rogue

And probably a few others that escape me at the moment.

Posted by: John Martines (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 21, 2009 07:39PM

I think Rogue is gone and Gator is as well. Does Orvis and Winston make their own blanks? I thought that Winston used Kennedy-Fisher years ago I just figured someone else made them now.

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (24.145.81.---)
Date: July 21, 2009 08:43PM

Rogue is very alive... they just don't advertise.

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 21, 2009 09:10PM

JK Fisher closed a decade ago. Winston and Orvis make their own blanks and have done so for about a decade each, at least. Winston had blanks made at G.Loomis for a few years (these were not Loomis models, however).

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (207.118.63.---)
Date: July 21, 2009 10:27PM

Mark did you have a special manufacture in mind? Also St Croix is made in the States plus one in Texas, I for got the name and there is also Seeker in CA and a new one in OR

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 21, 2009 11:24PM

Before Mr Stevens gets to it, the one in Texas is CastAway, I believe. He'll confirm or correct.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Mark Marshall (---.dhcp.jcsn.tn.charter.com)
Date: July 21, 2009 11:41PM

Bob, I bought some blanks the other day that came from across the pond. (not to my knowledge when I purchased them). Just caused me to wonder. Nothing more. I'm green to the craft.

Thanks to all for your comments.

Date: July 22, 2009 01:25AM

Some major state manufactures do all have some of their blanks made off shore. What I recommend , when ordering your blanks from your supplier ask them if they are made off shore?

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.197.40.162.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: July 22, 2009 08:44PM

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather build on either US or Japanese blanks. I try my best to stay away from Taiwan and countries I can't find on a map.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: July 25, 2009 05:27PM

Castaway blanks are inhouse proprietary designs exclusive to Castaway and are outsourced to both foreign and domestic blank manufacturing plants. Castaway blanks sold to custom builders are inspected to meet quality control standards for dimensional, action, power, finish and each blank is subjected to full load instaneous stress test prior to acceptance by Swampland Tackle. All production Castaway Rods are fully assembled and finished in the Montgomery, Texas Manufacturing Plant utilizing the same blanks sold to custom builders.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2009 08:24PM by Bill Stevens.

Posted by: Richard Kuhne (---.listmail.net)
Date: July 26, 2009 08:32AM

Translation- Castaway is not a U.S. based blank manufacturer.

The question was "Are there any blank manufacturers based in the U.S.?"

Posted by: Ted Morgan (---.tpgi.com.au)
Date: July 26, 2009 10:52AM

Translation - They use both foreign and US made blanks.

Date: July 26, 2009 03:56PM

Yes there are USA made blanks. ST. CROIX, LAMIGLAS , ROUGE RIVER just to name a few. North Fork Composites (G Loomis) will be on the market soon. Some of these manufactures do have blanks made off shore. I suggest You call Your supplier or company you are interested and ask them if the blank you are interested in is made off shore. This way you well be getting the true facts.

Good Wraps Bob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster