I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Custom Tackle Supply joins Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: July 20, 2009 01:32PM

July 20, 2009 - Orlando, Florida based Mud Hole Custom Tackle, Inc is pleased to announce its recent acquisition of all the assets of Custom Tackle Supply of Shelbyville Tennessee , a leading provider to the custom rod building industry.

“Our company mission has been to become the leading supplier to the custom rod building industry. Our acquisition of Custom Tackle Supply and the addition of Mr. Bob McKamey to our staff brings us one step closer to accomplishing this goal” stated Mr. Tom McNamara, President of Mud Hole Custom Tackle.

“Joining Mud Hole Custom Tackle as VP of Customer Relations will allow me to continue to work in a field I have enjoyed working in for many years.” stated Mr. Bob McKamey. He added “I have always strived for the utmost in customer service and care. Now joining the Mud Hole Team, the level of customer service that I have always strived for, will be implemented to even a higher level. Especially with the combination of the huge inventory and product selection in Mud Hole’s distribution center, the level of customer service that I have been known for will be enhanced.”

“This acquisition further strengthens our position as the world’s largest supplier of rod building components in the custom rod building market. The combination of Bob McKamey’s southern charm and product knowledge combined with Mud Hole’s resources will provide our customers and Custom Tackle Supplies existing customers with greater service, support and selection.” added McNamara

The integration of both companies will take place over the next few weeks. Bob McKamey is already working at Mud Hole, in Orlando. He can be contacted directly by email at bobm@mudhole.com or by phone at 407-447-7637 x114.

For the past 34 years, Mud Hole Custom Tackle, Inc has been serving the rod building community with the most comprehensive selection, the best prices and unsurpassed customer service. Mud Hole Custom Tackle prints three catalogs yearly and hosts the most comprehensive web site related to rod building, www.mudhole.com. With a 20-employee staff in Orlando, FL maintaining a 14,000 square foot distribution and showroom building, Mud Hole is the largest rod building supplier in the world, shipping worldwide orders every day.

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Custom Tackle Supply joins Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Posted by: Mike Tilbury (12.229.42.---)
Date: July 20, 2009 01:47PM

Does this mean Mudhole will now be supplying Batson blanks and guides?

Posted by: Robert Moffat (---.252.205.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: July 20, 2009 01:50PM

I don't think so

Posted by: Bob Riggins (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: July 20, 2009 01:58PM

Mike Tilbury Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does this mean Mudhole will now be supplying
> Batson blanks and guides?

That was my first question also. I like Mud Hole and buy a good bit of stuff from them, but my blank of choice are Batson Rainshadows.

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: July 20, 2009 02:16PM

Congratulations to you Bob! I hope the Mud Hole team treats you, as well as you have treated us over the years.

DR

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: July 20, 2009 02:45PM

Congratulations Bob,
I will say that I really enjoyed doing business with Bob and looked forward to seeing him at the show each year!

Posted by: Rolly Beenen (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: July 20, 2009 02:53PM

Congratulations Bob
I hope all works out for you. Maybe you can get the Batson line up.

Rolly Beenen
Rovic Custom Rods

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: July 20, 2009 03:15PM

This is one of the rare instances where most everyone will benefit from such an acquisition. One less component dealer means that everyone's slice of the component supply business pie just got a little bigger. All dealers, not just Mud Hole, will realize additional business from this move. And because Bob McKamey is going to work for Mud Hole, we don't have a long time, respected dealer left in the lurch. All in all it seems like a piece of good news for most everybody in the industry.

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: July 20, 2009 03:38PM

No changes to the Mud Hole product line will be occurring. However, Mud Hole will be introducing a new series of blanks to our extremely popular Custom Rod Builder (CRB) line of blanks. The new series of CRB blanks will be available in spin jig, mag bass, crank bait, swim bait, spinning, drop shot and light saltwater and feature popular tappers, finishes and offered at very competitive price point. These new blanks will be available in 3 weeks and covered by a conditional life time warranty.

We hope you’ll give Bob a call when they become available and give them a try!

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: Bill Tune (---.wasco-inc.com)
Date: July 20, 2009 05:06PM

Wow! Good luck down there in yankee land Bob. You guys at Mudhole are building a rod "empire"! Keep up the good work because I think we are in for some changes in the rodbuild world and it looks like things are only getting better, a lot better! Don't forget us back in the hill country.

Posted by: Kyle Robinson (---.cdrr.qwest.net)
Date: July 20, 2009 09:13PM

Good Luck Bob! You are joining an excellent company, but you already know that! I look to Mudhole becoming even bigger and better!
Kyle Robinson

Posted by: David Page (---.167.89.75.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: July 20, 2009 09:38PM

Congrats and good luck to you Bob. It was absolute pleasure doing business with you.

David Page
E-town, KY.

Posted by: Billy Russell (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 20, 2009 11:05PM

Bob get that 8 weight flyrod out and buy yourself a Hellsbay skiff and you'll find there isn't any better place to be on this earth than the mosquito lagoon at dawn chasing the tailing Redfish. Oh and I expect a invite once your settled in!

Posted by: Walt Davenport (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: July 21, 2009 06:18AM

Duane Richards (DR) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Congratulations to you Bob! I hope the Mud Hole
> team treats you, as well as you have treated us
> over the years.
>
> DR

That says it all ! Thanks for everything Bob!

Walt

Walt Davenport
"Roadhouse Rods"

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: July 21, 2009 07:46AM

Congratulations Bob! Good Luck!

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: July 21, 2009 07:48AM

Go to Fishsticks for Batson Blanks Thats where I picked up mine. Scott will fix you up!

Posted by: Michael Sledden (---.176.42.254.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: July 21, 2009 09:04AM

Congrats Bob, the best of luck to you at Mud Hole. We will be missing coming down to Tennessee for the Duck River Gathering.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: July 21, 2009 09:11AM

Congratulations and hope everything works out great for you!!

P.S. Will we have to address you as "Mr Vice President" in High Point???

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2009 11:02AM by Mike Barkley.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: July 21, 2009 10:34AM

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Swamp Boyz and Clyde

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.pool.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: July 23, 2009 05:56PM

Great news Bob ! I am sure you will enjoy working with the Mudhole Gang !
Us builders would have a hard time adjusting if you weren't around for us to aggravate.
Good luck old friend and we will see you in High Point !

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster