I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Batson in Australia
Posted by: Blair Chilton (---.eq.edu.au)
Date: June 23, 2009 10:48PM

Hi,

This is my first post on this site as I am pretty new to serious rod building. I have been reading this forum for quite a few weeks and find it very useful.

I have a problem though. I am looking for a supplier who is in Australia, or who ships to Australia, who sells Batson blanks. I haven’t even really decided on a specific blank yet but I have heard so many good things about them and I’m after something that’s good quality, well priced and a little different to all of the G Loomis and Daiwa’s here (not that I have a problem with either of these).

I remember reading something somewhere about Oz Rods selling Batson blanks but I haven’t been able to find the site (as weird as that sounds) and in my Google-ing alls I have found is about a thousand hot rod shops and Mazda RX8 clubs!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson in Australia
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: June 24, 2009 12:22AM

"The Rod Works" link on the left is in Adelaide

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Mark Fisher (---.sa.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 24, 2009 01:37AM

Blair,

I think you may find Oz Rods is like the Dinosaur - "Extinct". I don't know if Ross does the Batson blanks but it is easy to contact him and find out. His service is excellent.

Regards
Mark

Posted by: Charles Clayton (58.172.152.---)
Date: June 24, 2009 03:29AM

It might be worthwhile trying Cabelas if the package is short enougth, select surface freight and you should see it in a couple of weeks since everything travells by air nowdays. The other option is Fishsticks who are board sponsor.
Regards Charles

Posted by: Greg Hutchinson (---.a.001lg.syd.iprimus.net.au)
Date: June 24, 2009 08:25AM

I have had Batson blanks shipped to Australia by both Hook&Hackle and ShoffTackle. No problems. I am sure some of the suppliers on the left are just as efficient and accommodating.
Just relating my personal experience.
Cheers, Greg

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: June 24, 2009 08:25AM

Angler's Workshop also sells internationally, always has. I bet Custom Tackle and others do also..

Posted by: Scott Parsons (205.244.119.---)
Date: June 24, 2009 09:35AM

Blair, We would be glad to help you out. We send things regularly to the Rod Works and would be glad to help you out with your Batson needs. Thanks for considering us. Scott Parsons

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.mthmcmta01.mthoar.lr.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: June 24, 2009 10:12AM

Just wanted to add that we also ship to Australia.
If the package overall length is under 60", it can go via Airmail via Post Office at a large savings over other carriers.

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Posted by: Blair Chilton (---.eq.edu.au)
Date: June 25, 2009 01:24AM

Thanks heaps for the help guys. I’m just going through my options now. I need to decide exactly what blank I’m after as well I guess.

Cheers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster