I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

what colour to wrap a sage TCX
Posted by: Mark Waring (---.bmly.adsl.virgin.net)
Date: June 16, 2009 03:57PM

Hi

I have just treated myself to a Sage TCX blank, Fuji Tlsg guides and gray struble u-15 reel seat. What I am pondering is what colour,or combination of colours to wrap the rod. Any recommendation will be greatly received. I don't know what colour that Sage use as standard, so if anyone can tell me that I would appreciate it.

When recommending pse advise if you would use colour preserver or let the flex coat soak into the thread

Many thanks

Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what colour to wrap a sage TCX
Posted by: Thomas F. Thornhill (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: June 16, 2009 06:55PM

Mark

I outwrapped for Sage for a short time last year and just checked my Sage paperwork. On the TCX rods they used Gudebrod #209 size A for the main wraps and Gudebrod #206 and #209 in size A for the trim wraps.

Thomas F. Thornhill

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an2.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: June 16, 2009 07:38PM

Experiment with colors on the butt section of the blank. With and with out CP, you can and will get different effects. Factory rods do not usually use CP. Try to find some sage rods on the photo page to compare.

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: matthew jacobs (---.2.117.75.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: June 16, 2009 11:36PM

Going back to my cowboy days, I've always liked green and black leg wraps and saddle pads on my horses. There is still something about a green and black that just looks right to me. Classic colors are the real deal, chicks dig a guy with class.

Posted by: Mark Waring (---.bmly.adsl.virgin.net)
Date: June 17, 2009 01:05PM

guys

many thanks, especially Thomas. I have several colours and may try a wrap on the butt before assembling the handle, but I ndo not have a massive array of colours at home. AS the green and black, I did consider a black reel seat and this combo would have gone well with that seat, but as the guides are not black i decided against it.

Any further suggestions gratefully received

Mark

Posted by: Matt Ralston (---.sub-70-209-75.myvzw.com)
Date: June 17, 2009 06:43PM

I've wrapped a couple with Gudebrod 6779 Medium Green. Matches the blank pretty well with no color preserver. Looks pretty good with black metallic trim bands, and looked quite nice with copper metallic.

Good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster