I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

What are my options for Lime Green thread?
Posted by: Shawn Queeney (---.satx.res.rr.com)
Date: April 28, 2009 09:31AM

Hello all,

I've done a search and I have found Lime Green Metallic thread by Gudebrod, but can't seem to find color charts or codes for the other limes I have found (or close to lime).
The photo gallery, if you search 'lime', has a few rods with colors close to lime but no advice given on the color codes.

I am looking for something that looks kawasaki green, very loud - any advice?

I'd prefer a nylon or NCP, but will consider a metallic if needed.

Thanks,
SQ

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What are my options for Lime Green thread?
Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 28, 2009 09:33AM

I picked up Chartruse from Billy 40 at Nerbs(on left), Gudebrod Lime green Metallic and that do not look Bad!

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2009 09:43AM by Barry Thomas Sr.

Posted by: Ted Culin (---.ptldor.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 28, 2009 09:49AM

Mederia has a great lime green it will need CP. Color 919-1701 is what I have. 919-1850, 919-1901, 919-1950 would also be worth looking at

Thank you whoever you are

WWW.WeSeekHerRods.com

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 28, 2009 09:50AM

I"m out of that Flourescent Yellow/Green thread. The GReen color sI have are very nice, the Emerald Green has been very popular [northeastrodbuilders.com]

Posted by: Gabe Neal (---.dot.gov)
Date: April 28, 2009 10:05AM

Shawn you can always go directly to the Gudebrod internet site and look at what colors are available. Then order what you find from one of the sponsors. Also for future use ask your dealer of choice for a Gudebrod or Mederia flyer. I have found the manufactures flyer represents the colors fairly close.

Posted by: Shawn Queeney (---.sw.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 28, 2009 11:18AM

Does anyone have any photos of these colors with finish on them?

Barry, Those two colors you provided do look great (on the spool), I wish I could see them on a blank with finish.

Ted, I'll look into that madeira.

Billy, how does the emerald look with finish? Anything close to lime, or darker like an emerald?

The customer wants it to be bright, Lime Green and Black were his requests...so I don't think just regular green will cut it. I need something bright.

Thanks for the info folks, it's appreciated. I'll be sure to see the links you've posted.

Posted by: Bill Ballou (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: April 28, 2009 11:37AM

Shawn, did small test of emerald no cp and finish. Color stayed true. It is a true emerald color. I know it is not florecent but a great color. Bill

Posted by: Ken Miller (---.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com)
Date: April 28, 2009 11:41AM

Shawn, I have some gudebrod #611, that I think is very close to what you are looking for. I only have size "D', but if you're interested, I can send you a spool.(I don't think
I'll need three spools) Will post a photo on the board for you.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 28, 2009 11:54AM

Why would you need to see tham on a rod with finish? If you are looking for that color Barry posted, I do not have any more for sale. REgular green won't cut it if that's what he wants, so you're gonna have to go the MAdeira route.

Posted by: bill boettcher (72.251.106.---)
Date: April 28, 2009 05:06PM

Do some work - buy the green you think will work - wrap about 1/2 " on some scrap with and with out cp. After it all drys you can figure which one matches better

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Robert Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: April 28, 2009 06:44PM

Hey if it looks like Lime and tasts like lime it must be lime. LOL. What you must also consider is the color of the blank. This well change the appearce of the Lime color be it natural or CP coated

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Bill Ballou (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: April 28, 2009 07:13PM

Forgot if you have a sewing store that carries Mettler thread. They have a color that is flo-green. Have use3d other mettler must use cp. Had senior moment on other post.

Posted by: Robert Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: April 28, 2009 10:10PM

Mederia or suluky thread may also have your color. You have to use CP

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: April 29, 2009 10:29AM

Shawn,
A few examples - you will have to try them to see if they are suitable for rod building:

[www.createforless.com]

[www.createforless.com]

[noveltyquiltfabric.com]

[www.marathonthreadscanada.com]

[www.thefind.com]

[www.beadaholique.com]

[nielsen-woodwinds.com]

[www.merricktackle.com] (note the silk - #245)

[www.geocities.com]

[www.thethreadexchange.com] (note, this is size 69 nylon thread used for upholstery. I have a bunch of size 69 thread that I use when making rod bags. I would say that it is about the same size as C or possibly D thread. Very tough thread.

---
Note:
All of the above sources are for "thread". Whether any of this thread is the best thread to use for rod building is up to you to check out. I am sure that the fish hawk thread would work well. Also, the thread from the Woodwind page would work well since it is used to bind reeds to make mouth pieces for wood wind instruments. I also know that the size 69 thread which is used for Upholstery would work well if you can live with the larger size thread.

Good luck.

Roger

Posted by: Barry Thomas Sr (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 29, 2009 08:35PM

Shawn unhide your e-mail or email me at junkmansj@yahoo.com

Posted by: Shawn Queeney (---.sw.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 30, 2009 05:03PM

Barry,

Check email.

Ken,

I'll buy that spool of 'D' thread if you want to sell it. Let me know

S_Queeney@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Shawn

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster