I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

got a round about compliment
Posted by: Jim Creed (---.int.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 21, 2009 07:01AM

I build these rods for fun, and its amazing how much of a calming effect it has on me after a hard day working,
my rods look nice but i know thay are a far cry from some of the work i have seen on here and at the icrbe, So what i heard yesteday made my feel really nice.

I built a nice 6' spinning rod for a lady manager of a customer of mine, her husband fishes bass tournaments and knows several people that fish the FLW,
he was prefishing with one of these gents, his wife had left her rod on the boat, the flw guy picked it up, commented on how nice it was and wanted to fish with it.
To keep both of them from being killed when they got back he put it back in the rod locker and would not let the guy us it.
I will take a compliment any way i can get it. (he saw my name on the rod and acted like he had heard of me, which is not true, since i have only build 10 rods.)
of course the tips and info i get on here from all of you deserve as much credit, Thanks again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: got a round about compliment
Posted by: Steve Bro (---.automatededm.com)
Date: April 21, 2009 10:50AM

That is a really good feeling Jim. Nice Job..

Steve Bro
(BroCo Custom Rods)

Posted by: Pat Helton (66.235.82.---)
Date: April 21, 2009 10:56AM

I had just come back to the dock last week and was unloading my stuff and this guy says "Who built that Rod?" I told him I got it at Pat's Custom Rods. (My business name.) He said "Yeah, I am real good friends with him, he makes all of my rods." I have never met this guy in my life and I have never built him a rod. He kept telling me how great I was and finally my fishing partner told him who I was. It was pretty funny.
Pat

Posted by: Gabe Neal (---.dot.gov)
Date: April 21, 2009 01:25PM

Great Story!!!

Posted by: Steve Satterfield (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: April 21, 2009 07:47PM

I found a rod that I built for a friend at a garage last year so I called him. His shop was broke into two weeks before that. He got that rod, his tablesaw a bunch of hand tools
but no tackle boxes and a bunch of other rods were already gone. It was nice to see the cops take the guy away in cuffs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster