I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

RodMaker snafuu ?
Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.altnpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 14, 2009 01:57PM

first page of text is page 35, Then pg 7, ok till 34, that's 5&6, I have no pg 3&4.

Everybodys' that way, or did I get a "Special Edition" collector's item ?
Bids open at $25K

:>}}

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RodMaker snafuu ?
Posted by: Stephen Gilmartin (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 14, 2009 02:05PM

Mine is the same. Price drop to $22 bids open.

Posted by: Fernando Torres (65.215.94.---)
Date: April 14, 2009 02:17PM

Coming from my point of view, I love when that happens,$$ reprint $$, this is coming from a print end, I'm in the print business so I know what that feels like first hand. In the printing world, we always say if there is a bad book in the batch the CEO will always end up getting it, in this case it seems we all will get it.

Fernando Torres
NERB in the making

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 14, 2009 02:22PM

There will always be a few bad copies that get out. You aren't ever going to print and mail 15,000+ copies of a magazine and not have a few bad ones slip through the printer's operation.

I am always happy to offer replacements for issues that are damaged, mis-bound, etc, but commenting here will not get you such a replacement. You have to email me with your address and current subscription expiration number. With that, the printer will mail you a new copy direct.

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.orlando-21rh15-16rt.fl.dial-access.att.net)
Date: April 14, 2009 02:43PM

My new copy arrived today and is perfect.

Two years ago I had one show up wet and raggled. Obviously the fault of the postal system. But an E-mail to Tom and even though it was not his fault I had a new pristine copy at my house in about four days.

IMO when you couple the quality of the magazine content with the customer service Tom provides, you end up with I consider the greatest value in the entire custom rod building world.

Posted by: John Sams (---.listmail.net)
Date: April 14, 2009 09:29PM

Mine was waiting at home for me. Nothing wrong that I can see?

Posted by: Mo Yang (---.static.rvsd.ca.charter.com)
Date: April 15, 2009 12:41AM

$25K - such a bargain for a limited edition Rodmaker. If I did not already have my copy.....:)

Mo

Date: April 15, 2009 08:29AM

I'm only aware of 1 bad copy thus far and that gentleman contacted me last week. He is the only one that did so. The printer has already mailed him another copy.

Posted by: Roger Templon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: April 15, 2009 08:23PM

My issue also has the few pages out of order. I'm not going to bother with a replacement. I'll just read the pages out of order!!!

Rog

Date: April 15, 2009 08:26PM

If you will send me an email to this effect with your address and subscription expiration (it's on the mailing cover), you will get a fresh copy at no charge. The printer pays for it so I'm out nothing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster