I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Off topic and a special thanks to Mudhole.
Posted by: Scott Youschak (72.242.111.---)
Date: April 09, 2009 04:36PM

I assume that most people on here are boaters of some form and could benefit from this information

On January 9, 2009 a good friend of mine, Rob Murphy, was spearfishing off the coast of Jupiter, FL. After surfacing he noticed a large sportfishing boat heading towards him. His dive boat, with dive flags clearly displayed, was near-by (less than 100 feet) and in route to pick him up. The captain of the sportfisher appeared unaware of the impending collision despite the attempts to get his attention by both Rob and the dive boat captain. At the last minute Rob tried to dive below the oncoming boat but one of the props caught his legs. He was Truma Hawked to the hospital where his legs were amputated just below the knee.

He was determined to get back to spearfishng and just 2 months later on March 11 he was back in the water (with the help of an electric scooter) and managed to shoot a 20lb grouper.

Last week a fisihing tournament was held in his benefit where he was walking around on a new set of prosthetic legs. Mud Hole stepped up and donated a Calstar GF700L and Fuji SIC guides which I built for a live @#$%& to help with his recovery.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

I just wanted to say thanks to Mudhole and raise some awareness for dive flags and laws. In Florida boats must stay at least 300 feet from a boat flying a dive flag. Be careful out there.

Here is the news article after the accident

[www.cdnn.info]

and when he made his first dive after the accident (video to right)

[www.wptv.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2009 08:16PM by Scott Youschak.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Off topic and a special thanks to Mudhole.
Posted by: Adam Harbuck (---.shv.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 09, 2009 05:16PM

Eye for an eye...the ER doctor in question needs to have HIS legs amputated with boat props and then denyed medical assistance. A 30 hp GoDevil comes to mind as a wonderful surgical instrument. What a smuck.
Thank you Mudhole for your support, I will continue to support you with my business. In fact, I am currently waiting on a shipment to come from the "big brown truck" right now.

Posted by: Scott Youschak (72.242.111.---)
Date: April 09, 2009 05:38PM

Adam, Everyone is still in disbelief that he didn't help and even more so after seeing this article written about him in 2006 (half way down).

[www.palmbeachpost.com]

Dr. Roger Nicosia, medical director of the emergency department

Nicosia got his start in emergency medicine when he was just 16.

'Once when I was waterskiing, a boat ran over some people,' he says. 'My friend and I were taking care of those injuries and there were adults not doing anything. I brought these people in. I felt like I performed better than a lot of people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2009 05:39PM by Scott Youschak.

Posted by: allen forsdyke (---.colc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: April 10, 2009 07:22AM

MMMM nasty
(One point though
He was determined to get back to spearfishng and just 2 months later on March 11 he was back in the water (with the help of an electric scooter) and managed to shoot a 20lb grouper

How does the electric scooter fair up in water mine stopped and sparked a lot)

Sorry couldn`t resist that one
Regards to him and two fingers to the dr in question

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster