I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Batson Rod Recipe is now on line
Posted by: Karry Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: March 30, 2009 04:16PM

Please use this link to view our web site www.batsonenterprises.com and click on Download Batson Rod Building specs then scroll down and choose the category your interested in viewing or use this quick link for now [www.rainshadowfishing.com] . You will need to login to download and view the Recipes.

Keep in mind this is only a starting point and not the rule! There are tons of other options available and layouts that may fit your application better! If you choose to order this complete listing you will not be disappointed. Batson is dedicated to offering useful information to bring new builders to speed as well as well seasoned builders because we realize our part numbers are very confusing. Personally I use these recipes and add my personal spin to them! I find they help me locate the correct reel seat sizes, basic idea on layout and component part numbers so I can reference the Batson Catalog. I hope you all find it as useful as we do. Sincerely, Karry Batson

Karry Batson
Batson Enterprises Inc.
Ph: (877) 875-2381
Fax: (360) 683-3579
karry@batsonenterprises.com
www.batsonenterprises.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Batson Rod Recipe is now on line
Posted by: Capt. Craig Freeman (---.norf.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 30, 2009 07:06PM

WOW! What a great resource ya'll have provided. I'm sure it will be visited several thousand times!! Thanks for taking the time to create your site!

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 30, 2009 11:38PM

Karry, what a great service!

While most of us may "customize" your recipes, it sure provides a great starting point and will aid in discussions with our customers as well.

Posted by: gene bethea (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: March 31, 2009 12:07AM

well, I tried 12 times to register and each time i had something wrong; wrong referral person even though i typed karry batson; you must not want a lot of people registering, or maybe I'm an idiot-gb

Posted by: Andy Klosky (---.kwk.clearwire-dns.net)
Date: March 31, 2009 12:54AM

Same issue. I guess Karry is not a good referral person?

Posted by: Andy Klosky (---.kwk.clearwire-dns.net)
Date: March 31, 2009 12:57AM

Just registered. Don't list anyone for referral person, that seemed to work fine.

Posted by: PAUL FANNON (119.77.68.---)
Date: March 31, 2009 01:50AM

Great site.

No problem registering.

Cannot access anything at all once logged in.

Cannot find PROFILE to fill out.

Might be me. I am the worlds worst computer person.

Paul.

I fish therefore I am.
www.hookeduprods.com

Posted by: Terry Morrell (---.dsl.wchtks.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 31, 2009 09:49AM

I had no problem registering. I had to log in a couple of times before I finally got in. Must be a little lag tine between registering and being able to log in. Which is understandable.

Posted by: Burton Short (---.bankofamerica.com)
Date: March 31, 2009 10:35AM

Couple of questions. When will you get the specs up for the surf rods? Will your specs include NGC specs as well as the standard COF specs?

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 31, 2009 11:15AM

It would be impossible to include NGC specs without knowing what reel is being used and where that reel is located on the rod. The NGC system relies on knowledge and availability of the specific reel being used.

The NGC automatically gives you the specs once you locate the choker guide and plot the line path.

Posted by: gene bethea (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: March 31, 2009 11:27AM

tried it this morning; didnt put anyone in the referral screen; worked like a charm; thanks for the heads up-gb-

Posted by: Karry Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: March 31, 2009 12:21PM

Thank you all for your responses. The company decided to place the recipe charts on the forum so sorry for the hassle to login but that was the decision and a bit of a pain to start. This is the only thing thats active on that Forum at this time.

This is work in process and we will list each and every blank layout as best as possible. As Tom has pointed out there are many ways to skin a catfish this is just one way to help make things a bit easier.

I will list the gap distances for the rear grips on Surf to help you see how our layout works. Again its only a reference point not the rule there are so many variables we are just trying to help you get started!

Karry Batson
Batson Enterprises Inc.
Ph: (877) 875-2381
Fax: (360) 683-3579
karry@batsonenterprises.com
www.batsonenterprises.com

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 31, 2009 12:27PM

I think it's a great resource. All blank suppliers should list a recommended starting point for placement and guide sizes primarily to help out those new builders who are just getting started and would like a little help that first or second time out.

Posted by: John Sams (---.listmail.net)
Date: March 31, 2009 12:32PM

Nice Job!! Will help a lot of new rod builders.

Posted by: Grant Darby (---.wavecable.com)
Date: March 31, 2009 12:58PM

From what I've seen it will also help alot of old school builders. After doing all the stuff I usually do with the static testing guide placement, throwing a weight and readjusting, the guide spacing suggested on Batson's site came out very close to what I ended up with on two XST steelhead rods. That's some good stuff there Karry. I wouldn't be afraid of following those specs if I wanted to save a little time!.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster