I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

American Tackle AXSU100M-2
Posted by: Lindsay PELLETIER (---.w92-130.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: March 27, 2009 01:58PM

Hello,

I'm interested by a American Tackle blank AXSU100M-2 10'; 1-4 oz; 15-30 lb; 2 pieces, but I'm from France, and I have not the possibility to view and try this blank.

I would like to know if this blank have a slow (parabolic) action ? If not, what is the type of action of this blank ?

If anyone, or a supplier have this blank, could you send me some pictures of this blank under bending, plus a picture of the ferrule ? Please.

Thank you for your help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: American Tackle AXSU100M-2
Posted by: Darrin Heim (---.tukw.qwest.net)
Date: March 27, 2009 05:22PM

Hi Lindsay,

As I said in my email to you we are trying to work something out now and should have some info coming your way. The blank has been very popular and we have received excellent comments about the entire series. They are a tip over butt ferrule system and are not parabolic but a mod-fast action. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Best Regards,

Darrin Heim
American Tackle Company

Posted by: Chase Foster (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2009 05:29PM

Hey Lindsay,

I was able to get some photos for you today. I had some trouble with the Photo Board, but I uploaded them on to PhotoBucket. I hope they help you to see the action of the blanks and the type of ferrule it has. It is a standard tip over butt.

Click here to view the photos

Please let me know if you have any more questions, I hope this helps you and Have a Great Weekend!

Chase Foster
American Tackle
www.americantackle.us

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 27, 2009 06:11PM

2000 pixels is the maximum size allowed and any larger will not upload. The ideal size is from 800 to 1000 pixels, which is as large as most computer screens will display anyway.

Posted by: Keil Timo (---.pools.arcor-ip.net)
Date: March 27, 2009 07:28PM

Hello Lindsay,
we have the blank in stock here in Germany.
So maybe I can help you on this.
Best regards,
Timo Keil
Keil Rodbuilding Products

Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.pm3-4.pit-ch.pa.localnet.com)
Date: March 28, 2009 08:31PM

I use them for Lake Erie trolling with in line planer boards. Very sweet for this. Parabolic...no. But lotsa backbone & a fast action. I got mine from Karen at Bingham.

Posted by: Timothy Johnson (129.133.192.---)
Date: March 29, 2009 05:23AM

I used this blank for my first surf rod!! Love it! A moderate fast action, not parabolic, but feels great when casting and when pulling on it. I was casting with it with a buddy at my clubs trout pond. We were clearing the pond and getting stuck up in trees, so we got some good pulls on it! Can't wait to get out onto the beach with it!! My buddy has done some surf fishing and loved the way the blank felt!

Posted by: Lindsay PELLETIER (---.w92-130.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: March 29, 2009 05:42PM

Thank you at all, for yours answers.

On the picture post by Chase Foster, the rod is at maximum bending ?

Posted by: Darrin Heim (---.tukw.qwest.net)
Date: March 31, 2009 09:41PM

Hi Lindsay,

From what I saw, the blank was not fully loaded. If I were staging the photo I would have probably had Marcus high-stick the blank a bit more in order to load the entire blank. Guys are often afraid to pull on multi-piece blanks for fear of splitting the ferrule or just plain breaking them but these blanks are tough. In my opinion this photo shows the action to be more fast then mod-fast but again I don't think it was fully loaded.

Best Regards,

Darrin Heim
American Tackle Company

Posted by: Cody Rugemer (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: July 17, 2019 08:55PM

I need help with guide placement for this blank! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster