I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Bill Stevens - Celebrity
Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (24.145.81.---)
Date: March 05, 2009 09:25PM

In this month's BASS Times, pg 10 "Rods and Reels: Losing Weight" our very own Bill Stevens is quoted saying.. now hold on because this is earth shattering stuff.. something I've never heard Bill say (stop the snickering)...

"Take a close look in the bottom of a pro's boat... If you see some 'plain Jane' stealth black rods with no glitzy logos... the angler has taken advantage of the services of a custom rod builder..."

Now we know why Bill is chasing the electric decals... he's ensuring his future of his own stealth rods!

Congrats on the article Bill!

-----------------
AD

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bill Stevens - Celebrity
Posted by: Chris Davis (---.knology.net)
Date: March 05, 2009 10:36PM

I missed it when I skimmed through the article the 1st time through the magazine. I don't think more could have been said to further our cause than Bill did in those few sentences. A word from the writer giving credit to custom rod builders for the advances mentioned that the OEM manufacturers are now using would have been nice. But as Bill said..those seeking the largest possible edge over their competition......are going custom-some at the risk of being discovered by their sponsors.

I'm with Alex........Good job, Mr. Bill

Posted by: William Bartlett (74.197.150.---)
Date: March 05, 2009 10:43PM

Wonder if he mentioned Micro Guides????? What a boost to this craft!!! Be prepared folks, the words out now!!!!!

Bill in WV

Posted by: Pat Helton (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: March 05, 2009 10:46PM

Bill is right. I am selling more rods to guides with rod sponsors than anyone else. These are the people that appreciate truly customized fishing equipment.. I take the ideas that they have for their own rods and incorporate into the rods I build for the weekend fishermen. Works out great for me.
Pat

Posted by: Denis Brown (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 06, 2009 03:40AM

Mucho Kudos Bill, Really well done Maestro.

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.united.net)
Date: March 06, 2009 09:37AM

Bill Stevens is a very fine "Am-Bassador" for the art of custom rod building. His efforts for promoting this craft are endless. I for one, appreciate all that he does in striving to spread the word and stay on the cutting edge of building custom rods. Thank You - Mr. Bill !!

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 06, 2009 09:46AM

Bill Stevens although sometimes out spoken, is well spoken and has been doing a lot more to further this craft then most builders will ever know.

I had some additional comments; But Bob McKamey covered it about as well as it could be said.

Posted by: Scott Sheets (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 06, 2009 09:58AM

WOOHOOO Bill. Congrats my friend.....being a TBF guy I don't get bass time's...I'll have to scrounge up a copy somewhere.

Scott Sheets
www.smsrods.com

Posted by: David Page (---.233.28.71.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: March 06, 2009 12:36PM

Congrats Bill. It's hard to believe you would use words like those. My favorite is when he says "Now listen to me closely!". LOL Keep up the good work man.

David Page
E-town, KY.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 06, 2009 01:06PM

I feel pressed to make this comment concerning Bill and his knowledge and ability to promote this craft. At the ICRBE in 2008 Bill did a seminar on marketing. Including myself and Steve Gardner there were only about 15 - 20 folks sittling in that room. Folks, IMHO, you did yourself a vast disservice missing that seminar. That room should have been filled to capacity. I'm positive Steve will agree that Bill certainly has his finger on the heartbeat of Rod Building. Especially the Bassin' side.

Bill in WV

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2009 02:03PM by William Bartlett.

Posted by: Jeff Leonard (---.mc.net)
Date: March 06, 2009 09:45PM

Thanks Bill,

You have been a great inspiration and a pioneer to alot us. Keep up the great work. I have been trying to transition this into the musky fiishing world but they are a hard sell. Has been a tuff sell just to get them to try the urethane foam grips. I speak from experience,my son in law is one of the top musky guides in the upper midweast and he wants me to make a new rod for my daughter so I am going to go micro on him. I bet he will be using that rod more than she will.

Best of Luck
Jeff Leonard

Muskyfsh

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster