I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Bass club rod presentation ideas
Posted by: mike harris (---.unknown.charter.com)
Date: March 03, 2009 10:29PM

I am preparing a Power Point presentation to give to my bass club on rod properties. I believe I have a good start, but if anyone has done a similar presentation I would like any input or materials that you used. When I am done I will be glad to share the presentation with anyone who would like it.

One of the things I would really like is a good video of blanks being made, I have the Seeker video, the How Its Made video, and a few others. What I would like is a good high resolution version, the ones that you view on the internet are not so great once you project them up on the wall 10 feet wide.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bass club rod presentation ideas
Posted by: Steve Bro (---.mpls.qwest.net)
Date: March 03, 2009 11:48PM

Mike,

I have seen a few shows on the " How It's Made show" One was St.Croix and the other was a fly rod blank manufacture that I don't recall the name of.

Good Luck,
Steve

Steve Bro
(BroCo Custom Rods)

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 04, 2009 12:41PM

One thing that comes to mind is, presenting to them the advantages of a spiral wrap guide setup over conventional. I would also suugest that you get with Steve Gardner and compare notes concerning micro guides. Bill Stevens or Bobby Feasel would also be good sources for such information. Steve made an awesome presentation on micro set-ups in his seminar in High Point. Also i think I would go over foam core grips and weight savings there or minimal split grips and no foregrip, as well as split reel seats. There's just a Ton of information out there on helping the Bass angler when it comes to rods, Anther thing I would put out there is what they can get in custom rods that they can't in an off the shelf at a big box store other than the bling. Also: Remember to ask yourself this question " Am I here to promote my rods or am I here to just impart knowledge?" My vote is to promote the craft plus impart knowledge and understanding. Remember also that all the stuff I've mentioned above is not just HYPE!! It's been proven to work by Bass fishing Pro's. Bill, Bobby, Steve, am I not correct?

Bill in WV

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2009 05:37PM by William Bartlett.

Posted by: Fran Park (---.c21hecht.com)
Date: March 04, 2009 04:23PM

I will be doing a one-hour seminar on fishing rods at the local Gander Mountain in May. I plan to start with basic rod construction, talk about power versus action, because very few people understand the difference, and then talk about application to fishing scenarios. I will conclude with a discussion on innovation, like spiral wraps and split grips & seats, and micro guides. My plan is to use several of tthe rods for sale in the store to begin with, and use my spiral wrap demo device and some of my rods to demonstrate innovations beyond the Carrot Stick you buy off the shelf.
I have several pictures of a rod being built that I may incorporate into a powerpoint presentation, and I will also bring several blanks and components to pass around. I'm open to other ideas as well.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: March 04, 2009 05:34PM

Fran Park please click on my name and send me an email - I have something that may interest you - your email is hidden on this board.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster