I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

A big Thank You from Swampland
Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.sub-70-220-113.myvzw.com)
Date: February 24, 2009 09:26AM

On behalf of Bill, Bobby, Rachael and Myself I want to thank everyone who came by our booth and visited with us. I wish I would have had the time to thank each and everyone individually and have been able to spend more time with everyone but as most of you know I had a nagging cough and chest congestion that kept me feeling pretty bad during the show.

I certainly know that without the help of my wife Rachael, Bill and Bobby that that none of it would have been possible.

I'm still not home yet. Rachael and I decided to go towards the mountains and spend a couple of days in Gatlinburg. I know I received several online orders from some of you and when I get back my first priority will be to get your orders shipped out as quickly as possible. I should be arriving home on Thursday and will work hard to get all orders sent out on Friday.

Thanks again,

Lance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A big Thank You from Swampland
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 24, 2009 10:49AM

Lance, it was nice to speak with you & Rachel - it's always a pleasure to see you guys. I'm glad your cold went away at some point. It was also nice ot see Bill, and to meet Bobby Feasel, great guys as well. I was a little disappointed that Bobby didnt' get me any power supply thingys for my rods, lol.

Posted by: Sean Endres (---.cpe.metrocast.net)
Date: February 24, 2009 11:42AM

Lance, good speaking with you. I also have that cough and chest thing you got, as do a few others...must be going around. Speak to you soon. Sean

Sean Endres
North East Rod Builders
New London, CT

Posted by: Chris Davis (---.knology.net)
Date: February 24, 2009 02:48PM

You guys worked as hard or harder than anybody involved in the show-Bill's energy level is nothing short of amazing. I for one appreciate your efforts. Even without the special prices, the seminars and the opportunity to hold components in your hand-the weekend would have been a success for me-spending quality time with good folks who share the same passion for rod building would have been enough.

Chris

Posted by: Capt. Craig Freeman (---.norf.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 24, 2009 06:02PM

I really enjoyed your displays. I think I drove Bobby crazy with the media questions I had. Mr. Stevens gave me a casting lesson with the micro guided rods he had. And yes I bought some. I enjoyed the flocking seminar by him as well. The castaway blanks were great and I can't wait to build my first castaway micro guide rod!!! Thanks you for coming to the expo.

Posted by: Harry Boyd (---.shv.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 24, 2009 07:39PM

Enjoyed getting to know and visiting with my fellow cajun neighbors. Enjoy those mountains and come see me when you get a little closer to home.

Harry

Harry Boyd

Posted by: woody osborne (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: February 25, 2009 07:29PM

you all got the first $150 i spent! jerky was great! haven't tried the sauce yet. still in shock yet a bit at all of the expo's offerings. glad you showed up.

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.pool.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: February 25, 2009 09:09PM

Great meeting you Lance and the lovely Rachel , you are my kind of folks. I think you got my first couple hundred also. Hey ,I love the "Lagniappe" , just got to get a bigger bottle and learn how to pronounce it ! You guys were super, with a great display and great products.
Will be in touch.

J.B.Hunt
Bowling Green, KY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster