I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ICRBE thread (bump to teh top)
Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2009 09:34PM

Who won the lathe? Is Hiro there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ICRBE thread (bump to teh top)
Posted by: Dennis Papike (207.10.148.---)
Date: February 21, 2009 11:27PM

Hiro didn't make it this year.
I came out of the woodwork and all the way out here just to hang with you , Billy and Sean. And guess who wussed out ?

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2009 10:02AM

Yeah I missed out. Sorry we didnt get a chance to meet. Would,ve liked to shake the hand of another builder who helped with the Global Rod.

MJ

NERB that types with a bar of Ivory soap in his mouth.

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2009 10:26PM

Mike it wasnt a nerb so does it matter. LOL Words to remember, If you are going to pay all that money why didnt you make them bigger!!.. I`m sure Sean will tell you the story behind this one. Missed ya there. Hope the hole came out alright.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: john timberlake (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2009 12:23AM

mike someone filled out your name for the drawing. you were selected for the renzetti and billy tried to get it for you,but since you weren't present it went to someone else

Posted by: Sean Endres (---.cpe.metrocast.net)
Date: February 23, 2009 04:30AM

Fred, it was a NERB that ended up winning Renzetti, Rich Kopchak. I actually have it here with me, brought it home for him, going to meet up with him this week and give it to him.

Sean Endres
North East Rod Builders
New London, CT

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2009 06:20AM

OOPS!!! sorry for the mistake. Was sot from the drive last night. Hope all make it home safely. Had trouble falling asleep last night thinking of things to do with the abalone or how ever you spell it!!!

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2009 09:07AM

Michael
I truly hate you missed this one!!!!
It was by far the best I've been to by at least 2 times.

Not sure if it was two times bigger, but most definitely two times or more better.
I spent SO much Time learning and gleaning info that I did not even get to all the booths. Even had things put back for pick up and purchase up on Sunday evening, and by the time I could get back to them, they were packed up and headed back to their perspective states.
But really doesn't mater, what I learned far out weigh the cost I'll have to pay for shipping.

Posted by: Mike Garone (---.cmdnnj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 23, 2009 12:17PM

Fred I don't know if you were there for the silverback showdown, but that had to be the funniest routine of the show.

Posted by: Paul Rimbeck (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2009 05:59PM

Mike G, I thought that last year would be hard to beat, hair in the dinner roll and the famous threesome birthday party at the Outback, but the "Silver Back Showdown" comes pretty close. Also, your "Why didn't you get them bigger" comment will go down in NERB's history. Really glad that you and Steve were able to make it down. Wish that MJ could have been there.

Posted by: Steve Kolb (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 23, 2009 07:00PM

I had a blast at the show. The silverback showdown was indeed classic. And MikeG's "wait, those are fake? why didn't you get them bigger?" was probably the funniest of the trip. Of course before our journey even began we had the potato in the tailpipe incident. It was great to meet some new people, meet up with the NERBS I knew, and meet the NERBS I didn't. I learned new things, was inspired by others, and hopefully inspired others myself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster