I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

UNKNOWN BLANK
Posted by: ARTIE LETT (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: February 19, 2009 06:11PM

I GOT A ROD AS A GIFT AND I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT WHAT THE BLANK IS SO I CAN BUILD ONE LIKE IT . IT IS DARK GRAY IN COLOR GLOSS FINISH 7'6" .75 OR A LITTLE BIGGER BUTT END, MOD-FAST TIP LABEL SAYS POWER TACKLE PG-105 ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. POWER TACKLE SAYS IT IS A CUSTOM LOOMIS BLANK . GOT SOME INFO THAT IT MIGHT BE SALT WATER BLANK BE NO-ONE THAT I TALK TO IS FAMILIAR WITH THOSE BLANKS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2009 07:16PM by ARTIE LETT.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: UNKNOWN BLANK
Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: February 19, 2009 08:35PM

Artie,
With a generic blank as you have, the simplest thing to do is to go to a supplier and take your rod with you that you want to match.
Then simply go through the blanks on hand, checking the tip, butt, for both size as well as rod for action and power.

In general, I suspect that you have a rather generic blank that can be matched by blanks of many different manufacturers.

If you don't have any blank suppliers close, simply go to your nearest large fishing and sporting goods store with your rod and check their built up rods for similar action, power, weight and size.

Take care
Roger

Posted by: woody osborne (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: February 19, 2009 08:56PM

check out texasbasstackle and do a search for the word paragon. trust me if you search for power tackle you will have 11 pages to go through. with paragon you get one hit. the 105 is listed. looks like an interesting series of rods. hope this helps, woody

Date: February 19, 2009 09:25PM

thanks but i know where to buy the complete rod i am looking to buy the blank and build it myself (save a little money) .any more ideas would help

Date: February 19, 2009 09:31PM

they told me it was a g loomis blank?????

i don't know much about this stuff i'm just getting started building, is there something that makes you think it's a off brand

thanks for the info ARTIE

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: February 19, 2009 09:46PM

Artie,
Most builders, if they are proud of their craft and materiials will clearly label a blank as a Loomis, if it really is a Loomis.

It seems that since Loomis is such a widly recognized name that some folks opt to use that word when they speak of their rods.
Perhaps it is a Loomis, Perhaps not.

From your description, it simply didn't sound like any loomis blank that I recognize.

Actually lots and lots of different blank manufacturers out there that have blanks that will be virtually identical to the rod that you have.

Check with some of the sponsers on the left and get their ideas and run down of their products.

Take care
Roger

Posted by: John Sams (---.listmail.net)
Date: February 20, 2009 06:40AM

If it is a Loomis it will have the factory loomis decal sticker in the bag with it or on the rod.

Posted by: Sean Cheaney (---.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: February 20, 2009 08:59AM

I dont put decals on my rods, but by all means always give the decals with the completed rod. As said above, if there is no decal on the rod, they should be able to produce the decal for the blank if it is a loomis.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: February 20, 2009 10:43AM

Even if it's manufactured by G Loomis, being a "Custom" blank built to Power Tackle"s specs, it would not have a decal from Loomis, the Loomis warranty and wouldn't be in the Loomis catalog of blanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2009 02:57AM by Spencer Phipps.

Posted by: Sean Cheaney (---.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: February 20, 2009 08:15PM

Thats a very good point Spencer, and one that is often overlooked (as most of us have in this thread, myself included)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster