I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

VisualWrap?
Posted by: Jeff Leonard (---.mc.net)
Date: February 16, 2009 10:32PM

If a pattern calls for 12 different thread colors and there are only 8 spools to work with how do you go about adding the extra spools for the additional thread colors? Next question, if I want to delete a script that has been appended how do you do that without starting all over again. I have looked everywhere I can think of and can't seem to find these solutions.
Thanks for any help you can throw my way.

Jeff Leonard

Muskyfsh

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VisualWrap?
Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 17, 2009 06:25AM

To delete the script just highlight it and hit the delete key, or set the curser on the last space and back space. You can also just change what you feel is wrong(ie thread count or spool #). sometimes the delete can be a little tricky and say the line is empty when you go to wrap. Make sure when you delete to or back space the cursor goes to the last character on the line above and the line below will be totally deleted.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 17, 2009 08:30AM

Spool Color 9 = GRIP
Spool color 10 = ROD
Spool Color 11 = EWRP
Spool color 12 is always black

What you need to do is go into the Pattern Script andmanually change teh numbers which represent teh spool colors.

It will be much easier if you posted the script here so I can see what oyu are doing, and it will be much easier to explain and show you what I'm talking about.

As Freddy said, to delete a line go into teh PAttern Script window, hilight the line with teh mouse, and delete it with the delete, backspace, or spacebar.

Date: February 17, 2009 09:50AM

Thank you gentlemen.
I see that I was not returning the cursor to the previous line and thus getting the empty line error. Billy, can I assume that in flat view using Grip - Rod- EWRP as pattern threads they will wrap into the pattern? What happens to these threads in 3D?

Jeff Leonard

Muskyfsh

Date: February 17, 2009 10:15AM

Jeff, I just put this together for you to play with. Copy and paste it into an empty Pattern script window. If the last line is blank, delete it as you found out.

"Spool_Up 1 Spool_Dn 1" = This sectionof the lin eof code tells you to wrap Color 1 Up, and Color 1 Down. If oyu look down the code below, you see it goes up to number 12. Play with it and see what happens in 3D mode, honestly I never installed the Cortona Viewer in mine so I'mnot sure what isgoing to happen

TITLE: (Testing 12 colors for Jeff Leonard)
Section: (Chevron band of 8 going UP)
Cross X 0 Y 50 Spool_Up 1 Spool_Dn 1 Up band 8 init# 8 passes 1 % 1 !
Cross X 8 Y 50 Spool_Up 2 Spool_Dn 2 Up band 8 init# 8 passes 1 % 1 !
Cross X 16 Y 50 Spool_Up 3 Spool_Dn 3 Up band 8 init# 8 passes 1 % 1 !
Cross X 24 Y 50 Spool_Up 4 Spool_Dn 4 Up band 8 init# 8 passes 1 % 1 !
Cross X 32 Y 50 Spool_Up 5 Spool_Dn 5 Up band 8 init# 8 passes 1 % 1 !
Cross X 40 Y 50 Spool_Up 6 Spool_Dn 6 Up band 8 init# 8 passes 1 % 1 !
Cross X 48 Y 50 Spool_Up 7 Spool_Dn 7 Up band 8 init# 8 passes 1 % 1 !
Cross X 56 Y 50 Spool_Up 8 Spool_Dn 8 Up band 8 init# 8 passes 1 % 1 !
Cross X 64 Y 50 Spool_Up 9 Spool_Dn 9 Up band 8 init# 8 passes 1 % 1 !
Cross X 72 Y 50 Spool_Up 10 Spool_Dn 10 Up band 8 init# 8 passes 1 % 1 !
Cross X 80 Y 50 Spool_Up 11 Spool_Dn 11 Up band 8 init# 8 passes 1 % 1 !
Cross X 88 Y 50 Spool_Up 12 Spool_Dn 12 Up band 8 init# 8 passes 1 % 1 !

Date: February 17, 2009 11:21AM

Thanks a bunch Billy

I will play with this as soon as I get home. The pattern I was working with I got from the pattern library and it is the fish scale shading. Maybe a little to challenging for a rookie playing with VisualWrap. I have had the software for two years and am now just getting to learn it. I use to do things old school but I can already tell this thing has endless capabilities. I have your book and am still trying to figure out the spacing charts in the back pages and apply to the software. Have a great show, I wish I could be there and shake your hand.

Jeff Leonard

Muskyfsh

Date: February 17, 2009 10:55PM

Jeff, please e-mail me directly if you have questions. I forgot abotu this thread.

You CANNOT use VW for teh pattern spacing charts. VW is only to be used as a guide for what teh pattern will look like, and switch up colors. YOu can also get teh spacing for the layout threads for each repeat of the pattern, this differs from teh back of the book. As an example - if VW takes 7 passes to makea pattern, adn you put it in the 3D view - this DOES NOT correspend to your blank, even if you enter the blank specs into VW.

So, use VW to calculate teh spacing between centers
USe the back of teh book to determine how far each layoutthread for each repeat of the pattern shoudl be spaced.
Use your own judgement to determine the number of passes to build the pattern, based on the size of the blank.

I apologize if this is not clear, you can e-mail me and ask more Q's which I'll try to clear up for you.

Posted by: David Boyle (---.dsl.nsw.optusnet.com.au)
Date: February 19, 2009 05:51AM

Spool 9 = Grip colour
Spool 10 = Rod colour
Spool 11 = End wraps
Spool 12 = Under wrap colour

Spool 12 will be black if you don't set the Underwrap option (Preferences/Wrapping/Flat View). If you set the option to use an underwrap then spool 12 becomes visible on the toolbar and you could use it in a script if you wanted to. With Underwraps enabled, pressing the Clear button will set the colour of the Flat View window to be the colour of the underwrap. With Underwraps disabled the Clear button will set the Flat View window to the colour of the Rod. Make sense?

The grip and rod colours are not really threads however it was a lot easier for me to treat them the same way as I treated threads when I wrote the code.

Regards
Dave Boyle
www.threadcentral.net

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster