I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Power Wrappers At the Show In High Point?
Posted by: Chuck Payne (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 11, 2009 11:17AM

Hey everyone. I am looking to buy me a new power Wrapper. I was wondering if there is usually any good deals on any at the show. I will be attending for the first time this year, and am hoping to be able to save a little $ over retail.
thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2009 11:17AM by Chuck Payne.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Power Wrappers At the Show In High Point?
Posted by: mike harris (---.borgwarner.com)
Date: February 11, 2009 11:46AM

For sure there will be deals on wrappers at the show, plus buying there will save a ton on shipping, power wrappers are quite expensive to ship. According to Tom, at the banquet Friday night 2 wrappers will be given away for door prizes, can’t beat that deal.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 11, 2009 11:58AM

3 wrappers will be given away at the Reception, a Renzetti, A Forecast and an EcoWrapper.

All the various machines, excepting the Custom Power Wrap, are on display and available for sale at the Expo. There are usually special show prices or some other piece of equipment thrown in. You'll just have to search the aisles and find the best bargain.

Posted by: Scott Parsons (205.244.119.---)
Date: February 11, 2009 01:12PM

We will have a few of the Forcast Power Wrappers in our booth at some pretty crazy pricing, So after you have looked at all of our blanks and other items you can get yourself a wrapper also. Thanks Scott parsons

Posted by: James Willard (208.46.72.---)
Date: February 11, 2009 01:39PM

Chuck, obviously a chance of a free one at the show would be nice, but if you have to buy one custom tackle supply has a deal on their pac bay wrapper normally 329.00 on weekly special for 229.00. I really really want to buy it but have to move some couch cushions to make it happen. lol
James

Posted by: Donald Newenhouse (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: February 11, 2009 04:46PM

What sponsor to the left is selling the EcoWrapper??Is this a new brand that has just came out for 2009?
Have never seen that name before.
Wouldn't it be nice if the ones that are unable to attend the show ,that would love to go have a little advantage to purchase some thing at show prices,Say maybe a couple days after the show??
You say thats dreaming?Ok I'll go and smell some more perma gloss!!!
Anyway you all enjoy the show,and thoes that are driving drive safley and give youself extra time.
<<<<DON>>>>
P.S Oh another one of my dreams is to open the Rod Maker magazine and see a coupon that I can purchase that gives me a chance to win all expence paid trip to the expo.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 11, 2009 05:32PM

Unfortunately, show prices are just that - show prices. If these prices were standard, then there is less need to have such an event. Although I'm sure there will be some deals available come February 23rd.

The EcoWrapper manufacturer isn't a sponsor, but he does exhibit at the Expo. Sold completely out last year and had to take orders. It's a very nice wooden unit - non powered.

Posted by: Donald Newenhouse (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: February 11, 2009 07:13PM

Yeah Tom! That's what I'm looking for a real wooden hand wrapper.It must be a pretty good unit that he sold out. Is that the only place it can be bought at the expo?Is it a pricey unit?Have to watch $$$ now that I was forced into retirement and my wife is ony working (3) days a week.Hope I don't have to put my hobby rod building in retirement as well.
Had plans to make the show this year for sure,but the economy squashed that.So I,m putting the money I put aside for this years trip in C.D's so I can make next years for sure.Will be looking for the dates.
<<<<DON>>>>

Posted by: Robert Balcombe (---.rb2.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: February 11, 2009 11:21PM

Just a suggestion, When you find the wrapper you want, Buy some other goodies reel seats guides thread and finishes and blanks then ask for some kind of discount. Remember the show cost them money to bring in their stuff. What is great about this kind of show you get hands on.

Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Chuck Payne (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 12, 2009 12:13AM

Does anyone have the power wrapper from Batson? I am looking at this unit and really want to upgrade the chuck on it. I already have a nice 4 jaw self centering chuck and wonder if it will fit on this machine and the existing headstock, anyone know?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster