I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Orange EVA And Other Out Of Ordinary Colors
Posted by: Jason Alvarado (---.ccz-ncr.navy.mil)
Date: February 02, 2009 01:51PM

Does anyone know how to make or buy out of ordinary EVA colors like orange? The available colors are extremely nice but I need orange for a particular color scheme I have.

Thx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Orange EVA And Other Out Of Ordinary Colors
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 02, 2009 03:53PM

Exactly what are you looking to do? I made flourescent Green EVA grips and a set of Fuschia (BRIGHT) grips a while back.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 02, 2009 03:54PM

What is the application? If the grips are going to get beat up a little bit, the grips I made probably wouldn't hold up over a long period of time.

Posted by: Jason Alvarado (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: February 02, 2009 04:02PM

Billy, its a saltwater application but I usually keep EVA joints away from where I will be grabbing the grip. Its more like trim pieces just behind the winding check. I'm trying for like a flame color transition with red, orange, yellow then white and the only thing missing is orange to make the transition nice and gradual. I found something on MH.com but only in 1/8 strips, I wanted to make bands in my own width.

Thanks man!

Posted by: Scott Sheets (---.sub-166-156-63.myvzw.com)
Date: February 02, 2009 04:12PM

How bout pink? and Solid orange?

Scott Sheets
www.smsrods.com

Posted by: Gene Carriker (---.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com)
Date: February 02, 2009 05:20PM

The craft stores (hobby lobby etc.) have thin pieces around 1/8" thick if you are just trimming.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 02, 2009 05:56PM

Billy will probably know more about this than me. But, I would think that if you use a small foam paint roller to spread your contact cement, you might get a very tight bairly noticable glue line for making thicker rings out of the 1/8" stuff. Whatcha think Billy?

Bill in WV

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: February 02, 2009 06:50PM

Mudhole has it, but it's not a bright orange.

Posted by: Jason Alvarado (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: February 02, 2009 08:39PM

Scott, pink might not work, orange yes- - do you have it or know where?

The MudHole color is pretty good its just thin for my taste, William - you might have a point, maybe I'll try here with scraps to see. To be continued..

Jason

Posted by: Rusty Byrley (---.houston-06rh16rt-07rh15rt.tx.dial-access.att.net)
Date: February 05, 2009 04:22PM

While in Lowes today I saw a childrens Puzzle Mat made out of EVA squares approx. 12" x 12 ", 3/8 - 1/2" thick in every color under the sun including bright Orange. There was 26 pieces or so for $16.99. I was in the flooring dept. Theres enough EVA in that puzzle for the rest of my fishing days on this earth. Another source I used to use was Rainy's foam products. They sell blocks of EVA for the flytying community. Umqua Feather Merchants used to handle there products and still may. Another product that is super cheap that uses EVA are flip flops and these colors are endless.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster