I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Re Registering for looking at pictures
Posted by: RICK STEVENS (216.189.213.---)
Date: January 15, 2009 10:28PM

First off this is a great site but it is incredibly frustrating when having to navigate the different sites and having to re-register. I was registered before because I have looked at some of the thread art. but forgot my password so I clicked on the forgot my password and got kicked back invalid email address. I even tried to register again and entered the requested info and it says I have an invalid email address. How do I get on?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Re Registering for looking at pictures
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 15, 2009 10:42PM

Try doing an archives search of past threads on this subject
and I'm sure you'll discover the problem.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Lyle Stokes (---.rt2-bras.clm.centurytel.net)
Date: January 16, 2009 07:22AM

I have the same problem, I finally just gave up on it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.

www.blackhorsecustomrods.com

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 16, 2009 08:44AM

It works 100% of the time. Guaranteed.

It's not fair to disregard the instructions and then claim that something is wrong with either website. Once again, it's user error.

[rodbuilding.org]

Rick,

You are not registered on the photo page.

Lyle,

You are not registered on the photo page.

If you read the instructions and do what they tell you to do, you will find that everything works remarkably well.

Posted by: fred schoenduby (---.dsl.chic01.pacbell.net)
Date: January 16, 2009 12:02PM

Stupid is as Stupid does ....therefore I am stupid...and fully admit it
I am also being told that I can not view pictures {Wilsons drying drum} I have checked back on both register and log in sites and am being told
that someone has registered already {guess it is me} but I still am unable to view....STUPID ME !!!

Tight Lines
Tight Wraps
Fishin'Stix by Fred

Date: January 16, 2009 03:33PM

Fred,

You said it, not me.

On the photo page you are registered as - Fred Schoenduby.

Here on the forum you are registered as - fred schoenduby

That's 2 different user names. As explained in the brief and simple instructions, user names and passwords are case sensitive.

Try logging in with the correct user name and the password you chose. You'll get in if you do that, guaranteed.

I highly recommend that people use the same user name and password for both sites.

Looks like we're still running 100% on such problems being user errors.

Posted by: Lyle Stokes (---.rt2-bras.clm.centurytel.net)
Date: January 17, 2009 11:14PM

It makes all the difference when you follow the instructions! Sorry Tom.

Date: January 18, 2009 08:24AM

That's okay. Between the forum here and the linked photo page we have something like 10,000 registered users. The vast majority have no problems whatsoever. The few who do are usually just overlooking something - using different user names and getting them mixed up between the 2 sites, etc. This is why from day one I suggested using your name as it appears on your driver's license - that way you can't forget it, you've always got it with you to refer to in case you need to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster