I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thanks to Bob at Custom Tackle!!!!
Posted by: Burton Short (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: December 24, 2008 12:58PM

I've been strugling to get a 9 1/2 ft surf rod setup with an NGC layout and I called up Custom tackle to order more guides hoping I could finally find the guide sizes I needed to resolve the line slap issues i was running into. Well, instead of selling me more guides Bob took about 30 minutes out of his extremely busy day to talk to me about the problems i was having and, with the guides I already had, helped me figure out exactly what was going on. After about 16 hours of casting different setups i finally got things right after my talk with Bob.

Bob, thanks again for all of your help. The layout I came up with doesn't come anywhere close to where the NGC instructions said to place the butt guide through the choke guide but it is FINALLY working with no line slap and outcasting the previous setup. Even though it wasn't broken, I still, with your help, fixed it :>) THANK YOU!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thanks to Bob at Custom Tackle!!!!
Posted by: Eddie Hinote (---.dhcp.leds.al.charter.com)
Date: December 25, 2008 02:10PM

Bob is da man! I've done business with him for years and he's always done me right. Later, E....

Posted by: Charlie Armontrout (---.dmt.ntelos.net)
Date: December 25, 2008 10:59PM

Burton,

Eddie is 100% correct and I too have been with Bob for the last five years and try to not miss a chance to sing the praises of his fine operation. On one occasion about 4 years ago, Bob was able to get me 13 complete 9'-0" Batson fly rod blanks with all needed accessories to my shop in less than ONE week from initial order. I ordered on a Monday and the units were delivered on a Saturday. I have never forgotten that and always give Bob the business when I get it - I just wish I had more coming in - don't we all.

Bob and the staff: Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year and hope to see you in High Point.

Cheers!

Charlie
tightlinerods@aol.com
www.tightlinecustomrods.com

Posted by: Jon Sanders (---.119.20.98.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: December 26, 2008 01:58AM

Bob also helped me out the other day. I called with a couple of questions and Bob spent about 40 minutes or so explaining some things to me. I will definitely give him my business when I can.
I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season!

~Jon

There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: December 26, 2008 12:15PM

Add me to the list of Custom Tackle happy user's. Bob always goes out of his way in SUCH a nice tone to help with everything from cutting up parts to ordering special things from other vendors to take care of us all, he's a good egg!

DR

Posted by: Steve Rushing (---.sip.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 26, 2008 12:56PM

Count me in as a fan and customer. I think all the sponsors here are topnotch but when I call Bob we talk a lot of fishing here in the SE and the discussions include ideas about blanks and rod design that contributes to the fishing experience. He's not an order taker he's wealth of fishing knowledge which he readily share.

Posted by: Tom Goodner (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: December 28, 2008 11:52AM

I agree completely! Bob McKamey at Custom Tackle is a class act....very friendly and knowledgable, and really a pleasure to do business with!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster