I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Viewing Images
Posted by: Fran Park (---.c21hecht.com)
Date: December 11, 2008 02:52PM

So I wanted to see the images posted on the Photo section, but apparently I need to be a registered user first. I am registered on the phorum, and when I put my user name & password in at the photo page I get a message that says they are already in use. I'm guessing they mean by ME! Am I supposed to select a different ID & PW?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Viewing Images
Posted by: Bill Bauer (---.alaweb.com)
Date: December 11, 2008 02:55PM

I am having the same issue and it has not been that way in the past! I thought it may be a cache issue so I logged out, shut down and logged back in same thing.

Bill Bauer

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 11, 2008 03:10PM

You do have to register separately for the Photo Page but you can use the same name and password as they are actually totally separate software packages and and aren't connected.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Scott Sheets (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 11, 2008 03:16PM

Try just logging in with your information, not re-registering.

Scott Sheets
www.smsrods.com

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: December 11, 2008 03:39PM

Fran,

I just took a look - you registered differently on the photo page than you did here.

Here you're Fran Park.

On the photo page you're fran park.

I believe the database registrations are case sensitive.

Similar but different. If you aren't using the exact same form of your name or a different password on both, I suggest writing these things down and keeping them handy.

A good many people made the mistake of using a different name (Ed versus Edward, John Smith versus John H. Smith, etc.) and a different password on the photo page than they did on this forum. There is a reason I recommend using what appears on your driver's license - you'll always have it handy.

In all the years I've operated this form and the photo page there have been many times when someone emails and says they can't log in or with some other similar problem. The database has never been wrong, yet. It's always proven to be a case of them not logging in under the name and/or password that they registered with.

100% of the time, if you're registered and can't get in, you aren't supplying your correct user information. Guaranteed.

Date: December 11, 2008 03:51PM

Bill,

You're not registered on the photo page unless you used something other than "Bill Bauer."

Posted by: John Sams (---.listmail.net)
Date: December 11, 2008 04:11PM

Well there IS something wrong. I have been trying all day to get onto the photo section and it won't let me in even with the same registration.

Date: December 11, 2008 04:20PM

John,

You're 100% correct - there is definitely something wrong here.

On this forum, you registered as "John Sams."

On the photo page, you registered as "Johnathan Sams."

I'll let you guess what's wrong when you try to log in on the photo page as "John Sams."

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: December 11, 2008 04:20PM

I got the message that I had to register and simply logged in as I normally do and then I was able to view the photos. No problem here.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 11, 2008 05:35PM

I received the same message as Ellis, did as he did (logged on) received the same results

Posted by: Bobby Feazel (---.55.155.207.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: December 11, 2008 06:42PM

Tom

Sorry to be a pain, but I really feel that there is an issue here you haven't recognized. Could it be another Hack?

I know for a fact that I have never registered but one time and I have a database that confirmes this along with the proper spelling and case sensivity. BTW, I have always been able to view the individual images.

When I try to re-register on the photo section (as directed), I get caught up in a never ending circle. I try to register and get a message that reads: "This user name and password is already registered".

If I try to log in, I get sent back to the same:
"Invalid login. Please check your username and password, or register."

Your help is appreciated.

Bobby Feazel

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: December 11, 2008 08:54PM

I have never had a problem with this forum or the photo section until this morning. I went to the photo
section from my work PC. The IT dept. regularly run utilities that clean the cookies so I had to "log in" to
the photo board. All I wanted to do was open the thumbnail of the post by Tom of Dec. RMM cover.
The thumbnail would not open & I was asked to "log in" I did that several times and still got the same
request to Log in and the thumbnail would not open. I could open any other thumbnail & view & post if
I wanted to so my log in was successful but that thumbnail didn't like me this morning. Didn't have any
problem this afternoon when I got back to my desk though. So, there was a strange temporary glitch
this morning with that photo post.

Never had any other problems witht the forum or the photo board sence
2005 when I joined up.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: James Willard (208.46.72.---)
Date: December 11, 2008 09:07PM

I agree that it is a weird problem that a had to after not having any trouble for at least a week. I also just used the same login and password. It works fine now.
James

Date: December 11, 2008 09:34PM

No, a hack doesn't change user names nor does the software have the capability to alter your name or password - that information is set in stone and not even an adminstrator can change your user name. Nor has the photo page been hacked, either.

100% of the time, that's 100% of the time, if you can't log in, you're not providing the same information that you originally registered with. Guaranteed. You're either entering your user name differently, or not using your correct password. Guaranteed.

In all these years, we've never had any problem with the user database, either on this forum or on the photo page. I've been through this several hundred times with folks and 100% of the time they were trying to log in with an incorrect user name or password, even though most were absolutely sure they had the correct information. They didn't.

Bobby,

Actually, you have indeed registered twice. Once here on the forum in August of 2007, and once on the photo page in May of 2007. You can't re-register - it won't allow you to that because you're already registered. I would bet a dollar to a doughnut that you're not logging in with your original password. Your user name appears the same on both, but I'm betting your passwords are different (I can't see passwords).

If you can't remember it or are unsure of it, send for a new password and go from there. Shoot me an email if you have any trouble after that.

Posted by: Eric Nelson (---.dhcp.ahvl.nc.charter.com)
Date: December 11, 2008 09:41PM

Something has changed. Untill tonight, I could look at the pics w/out ever being registered. I have not registered for the photo pages yet.

Eric

Date: December 11, 2008 09:43PM

That's just a photo setting. Nothing has changed in the software nor database. Register, then remember how your registered (I'd use the same name form you use here) and all will be well.

Write down your password, too. Do that and you'll never have any trouble logging in. Guaranteed.

Posted by: Bobby Feazel (---.55.155.207.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: December 11, 2008 09:50PM

Tom

The Gremlins have us.

After reading your reply a few minutes ago, I start from scratch and click on Photos, they come up OK as before ,then I click on the thumbnail of the first photo of the next issue front page. Guess what? I get the expanded image. No messages, no registration requests and no login requests.

Gremlins, hacks, what-ever. I'm OK

Bobby Feazel

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: December 12, 2008 12:38AM

Tom,
I jest not when I tell you that I could not open that thumbnail of your photo post this morning and I WAS
logged in. I was able to open the photo thumbnail next to it and it showed that I was allowed to post
there so I had to be logged in. Been using the same username & password for over 3 yrs. It's burned
into my typing fingers like guitar cords always possible for a typo once but not 3 times in a row.
Not complaining either. just an FYI

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Date: December 12, 2008 08:05AM

No gremlins, no hacks. Just old caches, no browser refreshes.

Bobby,

The log file shows that you successfully loggin in last evening. That's why you were able to then open the photos.

Raymond,

Your browser most likely called up an old page. That's all.

There is nothing wrong nor out of sorts with the photo page. It has been set not to allow photo enlargements unless you are logged in.

The most common problems are:

Not remembering the correct user name and/or password.

Logging in on the forum and then not understanding why the photos won't open on the photo site.

Never having registered on the photo page to begin with.

Logging in and then not clearing the cache or refreshing the browser (some browsers are notorious for high cache settings and won't take you to a fresh page).

I had 8 emails from folks this morning saying they couldn't log in to the photo page, In every single case, they were trying to log in with an incorrect user name.

Posted by: John Sams (---.listmail.net)
Date: December 12, 2008 01:47PM

Okay sorry. got it. Works now with that name.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster