I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Preview Coming Atttaction
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: December 10, 2008 04:03PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Preview Coming Atttaction
Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 10, 2008 05:41PM

Bill, I think the forestock needs to be marbled, and we need a picture of Billy with his pink crocs.

Tony

Date: December 10, 2008 05:41PM

Bill, I think the forestock needs to be marbled, and we need a picture of Billy with his pink crocs.

Tony

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.dhcp.jcsn.tn.charter.com)
Date: December 10, 2008 07:02PM

I actually believe that Mr. Bill "M&M" Stevens needs to have the true-blood M&M Builders, check out his credentials as a member of the M&M Click. I am going to snitch on him. Mr. M&M himself ordered 100 size 6 guides today from me. Now, what's up with ya using those huge guides??

Bob McK -- Custom Tackle Supply

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: December 10, 2008 07:36PM

It totally amazes me that a "person" in Tennessee would attempt to discredit my honorable intentions. I know you and your friends residing in Florida and Alabama think you have found a chink in my "cellulite". I think you are attempting to furthur my embarassment involving the failure of my Tigers this year. The rods used by the persons in Florida only require four each of the "gigantic" guides you noted". At four each that means I now already have twenty five of the "ugly" rods with the National Championship 2009 ordered. They want to hang the things on the wall and little guides and stealth just do not fit into the business plan!

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Do What You Gotta Do!

Posted by: Sammy Mickel (---.nclxtn.lexcominc.net)
Date: December 10, 2008 08:19PM

Look out boys we have two "fine southern gentlemen" parsing words. Next thing you know they'll be lobbing casting plugs at each other at the show.

Date: December 10, 2008 08:51PM

Sorry guys didn't mean to repeat myself

Posted by: Jerry Poindexter (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: December 10, 2008 08:59PM

All I can say is build/ship 'em fast, Bill! OU may have something to say about who's nat'l champs.

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.aik.sc.atlanticbb.net)
Date: December 10, 2008 09:15PM

Heh... I only order 10 6s at a time so Bob doesn't notice.

Maybe Bill has split personalities? One day he's micro, the next day he's BIG TIME!

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Bobby Feazel (---.55.155.207.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: December 10, 2008 09:31PM

Watch out guys, you maybe walking into a "gator" trap.

Only time will tell.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.248.76.99.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: December 10, 2008 09:44PM

Hay Bill:
How much for one of those in the photo ? I got a neighbor that doesn't like micro's

Posted by: Chris Davis (---.knology.net)
Date: December 10, 2008 10:49PM

Bill-
I was thinking you might be using those 6s to "corral" a group of the little guys-like so many sheep in a pen. Maybe keep the little ones from blowing off the workbench-it does get a little breezy down your way sometimes.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.248.70.44.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: December 11, 2008 12:45AM

Some people are hard to turn, and the large ( Artillery ) may work to persuade them.

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.aik.sc.atlanticbb.net)
Date: December 11, 2008 12:58AM

I think Bill is gone until Friday... I don't see that as a reason to stop picking a little...

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Fran Park (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: December 11, 2008 09:47PM

Tom, I logged in to the phorum with my ID as you identified it, and clicked on the Photos button above, and I was directed right to the photos. But when I clicked on the link in Bill Stevens' original post in this thread, it directed me to a screen that said "Only registered users may view images." It directed me to register. Instead, I logged in as I had a while ago, even though I never logged out of the phorum. Logging in was successful. I obviously used the same ID you provided me both times. Is this a correct description of the way the process is supposed to work?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster