I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

pink rods -kits
Posted by: Ken Blevins (---.we.res.rr.com)
Date: December 09, 2008 07:34AM

Good morning
I think I remember seeing a sponsor advertizing a pink rod building kit on this site. If I am remembering correctly would some one care to point me in the right direction
TIA
Ken Blevins

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pink rods -kits
Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.skylan.net)
Date: December 09, 2008 07:40AM

I have bought a couple from Mudhole. With the right colors they make a real nice girly rod. I used halgraphic guides and real seat with a couole of blues and ping threads
Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: December 09, 2008 09:47AM

Ken,
I just built a pink from from one of the mudhole blanks last night. It came out very nice indeed.
The action on the blanks is moderate, but the blank action is nice.

Take care
Roger

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.pool.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: December 09, 2008 11:43AM

I have built 4 of these in the last 3 weeks for the ladies as Christmas gifts. They love them. They are very light weight and as Roger said , moderate action. Hot item in my area for the ladies.

Re: pink rods -kits w/ FREE REEL!
Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.157.119.70.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: December 10, 2008 08:55AM

HI All,

Yes we have Pink, Blue and Purple rod kits! And if you purchase one before Christmas, you get a Mud Hole Spinning reel for FREE!! The reel is a $30 value and it's your for FREE with your Pink Rod kit. This is a great way to build a custom rod and get a matching reel for an exceptionally low price - with a life time warranty!!

These fun rod building kits make it easy for first-timers and veterans alike to build a low-cost, high-value custom rod that stands out in a crowd! Featuring Mud Hole's fast-action IM6 graphite blanks at the backbone and quality cork handles. The reel seats are deluxe cushioned American Tackle reel seats with either Holographic locking nuts for the Pink & Purple kits or Blue locking nuts for the Blue kits. A set of matching Zirconia ring guides finish the kit. Each kit also includes a winding check measured to fit the rod exactly as well as a chrome hook keeper. Lifetime Limited Warranty.

To order one, follow the link below:
[www.mudhole.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: Timothy Johnson (---.17.41.86.adsl.snet.net)
Date: December 10, 2008 09:52AM

I've used their pink blanks, 5'6" Light action and a pink and a purple 6' med action. Awesome blanks!! I put together my own kit with chrome and black ring Alconites and regular reel seats and have been doing some marbled epoxy on them near the hook keeper. Very nice feeling blanks, very smooth and powerful when casting/playing with them!

Posted by: Ken Blevins (---.we.res.rr.com)
Date: December 11, 2008 07:40AM

Mudhole
I ordered 2 purple kits because the sales lady on the phone said "pink" wasn’t available any longer or out of stock. Needed pink but purple will do. I’ll just wrap them in pink I guess
Anyway thanks for your time
Ken Blevins

Posted by: Phil Brenner (198.217.64.---)
Date: December 12, 2008 08:57AM

I built one of their 5'6" light blanks in pink for my daughter. It turned out great, its a big hit with the girls. I Need to get ahold of another one for daughter #2. Hope the pinks are just out of stock and not discontinued. Or, purple will have to do i suppose.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 12, 2008 02:42PM

Check with Lance at Swampland. They have pink, red, blue, green, and black blanks that would be awesome for the job you want them for. They are comparable if not better than the MudHole blanks.

Bill in WV

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster