I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

M&M Post black Friday
Posted by: Rolly Beenen (---.ontariopowergeneration.com)
Date: November 29, 2008 10:14AM

Let us carry on in this Post Black Friday and post the M&M Vol #3. and show that this board is alive and well .

Rolly Beenen
Rovic Custom Rods

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: M&M Post black Friday
Posted by: Jeff Friend (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: November 29, 2008 11:47AM

Rolly, Steve is still having some issues posting on the board. There is a meeting of the minds regarding when to post the newest volume as I write this. More to come.
Jeff

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 29, 2008 11:48AM

Rolly;
Waiting on some feed back from the other M&M's, several things to consider. One being that the content of some members posts have been deleted during this attack.
That being the case it could lead to confusion on some of the topics. Also with some of these being mine. If I post Volume #3 and it’s still happening it's just a waist of time. You can look back at this thread scroll down and see some that have been removed to give you an idea of what were are wanting to avoid.

[rodbuilding.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2008 11:50AM by Steve Gardner.

Posted by: Rolly Beenen (---.ontariopowergeneration.com)
Date: November 29, 2008 12:09PM

No problem. Lets deal with one thing at a time. Get the board back to normal. Help Tom with what ever help he needs.

I would hate to see this go away. M&M or any other part of this board.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.248.67.132.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: November 29, 2008 01:49PM

OK, like what I am reading. How many companies are making the micro's ? I know Fuji, and I think Batson, but can not find any on the Batson site. Others ?
Thanks guys

Date: November 29, 2008 02:09PM

To my knowledge only those two, Batson's are not on their site but you can find pictures on some of the sponsors sites.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: November 29, 2008 05:15PM

Steve has put a lot of work into Volume 3 of the M&M Thread. The Preview Photo, which sets the theme for Volume 3 is linked: [www.rodbuilding.org]. The volume will provide and seek information concerning all types of micro rods.

At present, the center justification of the text makes it very hard to read and follow the intended thought process. The use of the Edit feature on each posted thread is not active at present.and does not allow changes in spacing. We are also concerned that the board moderators maintain control over unwanted visitors during the topic exchanges.

This will be an important thread and it is felt to be prudent at present to hold off till Tom has our Rodbuilding.org home prepared for the micro guide edition for the week.

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.mthmcmta01.mthoar.lr.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: November 29, 2008 05:58PM

Here is a link to our site with pictures comparing to a quarter.
We will be working on getting a better view of them soon.
[www.schneidersrods.com]

They are available from Batson only as a Special Factory Order at this time.

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: November 29, 2008 05:59PM

Bill,

The board is safe now.

I can't say when other features such as the text alignment will be back to normal. That isn't our priority at the moment.

Posted by: Derec Mercer (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 30, 2008 01:12PM

I am considering putting micros on my next build, but I have a few questions. I want to build a seven foot rod, I am either going to use a Rainshadow Mag Bass blank or an All-Star Titanium Blank. My question is there any particular size that works better? Do you use a larger butt guide? If so do you decrease the size, like on a conventional rod? Next where is the best place to buy micro-guides?

Thanks,
Derec

Date: November 30, 2008 01:32PM

Derec;
What are you intending to do with or use this rod for?

Just a tip; when asking questions pertaining to, blanks, lengths, guides, sizes, actions handle’s, ECT?
The more info you can provide as to the intended purpose of the rod. Will allow others to give you more thorough info in return.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2008 01:32PM by Steve Gardner.

Date: November 30, 2008 04:49PM

My strengths are jig (shakeyhead and football) and worm fishing. I was wanting to use the Fuji ACS blank exposed trigger reel seat with a split-grip. The Rainshadow RX7 Mag Bass blank has Medium Heavy power but it doesn't list want kind of action it has on the @#$%& website.

Date: November 30, 2008 05:21PM

So which of your strengths are you wanting to us this rod for and what length Blank and model number may also help?
Using the same blank for fishing shaky head that you would use for foot ball jigs is not going to provide you with the best setup for either

What would be best for shaky will most likely be to light for foot ball jigs and what would be best for foot ball jigs will most likely be to heavy for shaky heads. Two different techniques that IMO require two different power and action rods.

Date: November 30, 2008 05:58PM

Alright let start from the beginning then. What type of rod/ action would be best for shakeyhead fishing and which for jig fishing (like the PBJ jig everyone was using in the last tourney)? I just found the castaway two piece casting reel seat and I would like to use with a split grip handle.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: November 30, 2008 07:10PM

For Shaky:

Castaway XP3 842

7' Length Line # 6-12 Lure Oz. - 1/8 - 1/4
PWR - L Action - Fast

Butt Dia. - 0.511 Tip - 4.5 Wt. Oz. - 2.3

As is regular build

Tip Trim 1.5 in for micro

Posted by: Eric Nelson (---.dhcp.ahvl.nc.charter.com)
Date: November 30, 2008 07:54PM

For football jig: (Rod Info you were looking for)

Baston Rainshadow RX-7 Mag Bass

IMB843 7'0"
Line 10-17lb
Lure 1/4 -3/4 oz.
Butt 0.600
Tip 5.5
Action FAST
Strength MED/HVY
Blank Weight 3.06 Oz

As far as the rest of the set-up, I will leave that to the MMs to explain.

Eric

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.aik.sc.atlanticbb.net)
Date: December 01, 2008 02:07AM

Derec - if you are tournament fishing with this rod all day, I wouldn't recommend the ACS. I've gotten a lot of feedback that it gets uncomfortable holding it all day.

Just depends on how you hold the rod when working the lure though.

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Eric Nelson (---.dhcp.ahvl.nc.charter.com)
Date: December 01, 2008 01:57PM

Alex Dziengielewski Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Derec - if you are tournament fishing with this
> rod all day, I wouldn't recommend the ACS. I've
> gotten a lot of feedback that it gets
> uncomfortable holding it all day.
>
> Just depends on how you hold the rod when working
> the lure though.

Out of curiosity, what are the main complaints with the ACS? Trigger placment? Secondary trigger placement? I already have one on the way.

Eric

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster