I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

blank help please
Posted by: David Page (---.227.28.71.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: November 25, 2008 09:29PM

I'm looking for a blank for a spinning rod for my customer and I can't seem to locate what he's looking for. He wants a MH somewhere between 7'2"-7'6" preferably the 7'6" and all of the spinning blanks that I can find at that length are medium action or lighter. The rod will basically be used for deep, clear water fishing. I'm not against a short extension but he wants as small of a butt grip as I can make so I really would rather not have to do that. I've never run into this before so here I am again lol.

David Page
E-town, KY.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: blank help please
Posted by: Chris Davis (---.knology.net)
Date: November 25, 2008 09:38PM

David-
Plenty of blanks listed as "casting" blanks that should take care of your needs. The fish won't know!

Date: November 25, 2008 09:40PM

I was going to ask if it was "allowed" to use a casting blank to make a spinning a rod but I didn't want to sound like a bonehead lol. Thanks for clarifying that I really am one lol. Back to looking, thank you for the help.

David Page
E-town, KY.

Posted by: Greg Weaver (---.americawest.com)
Date: November 25, 2008 09:40PM

David, check with the different manufacturers specs on their flipping/pitching sticks. Many are 7'6" and in the MH to H range. Also check the popping blanks. I may be mistaken, but I think Swampland has a blank in the 7'6" Castaway model for about $46.00. Lance will probably kick in here with some more info. Greg.

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: November 25, 2008 10:32PM

David the Castaway 904 is about what you are looking for, 7' 6" MH.

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.187-72.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: November 25, 2008 11:06PM

St Croix SC3 Inshore blanks offer everything you might need.

You have a choice in 7'6" blanks of 6-12# line, 8-17# line, 10-20# line and even 15-30# line.

Date: November 25, 2008 11:24PM

ugh, ok this guy has changed his mind now. He decided if he was going to have a custom rod built he wanted something he would use everyday instead of something built specifically for Dale Hollow in the winter. So now he wants a shakey head/ wacky worm rod. I can handle this one now, sorry for the trouble and thanks for the help as always guys.

David Page
E-town, KY.

Posted by: Jon Schrock (---.cinci.res.rr.com)
Date: November 29, 2008 06:18PM

David, I also have a customer wanting a spinning rod for Dale Hollow. I believe your customer and mine must have read the same article at SMALLJAW.COM on fishing small jigs in winter. Instead of building the 7'6'' Bronzeback rod as mention in the article I am building a sc370mhf for my customer. I believe this is a versatile rod for Dale Hollow fishing deep water jigs. This rod will have the backbone for setting the hook on 3/8 jigs and tubes that my customer will be fishing and the tip to feal the bite. Jon - Monroe,OH

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster