I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

ICRBE 2009 - Bass rod builders - be there or be
Posted by: Richard Forhan (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 21, 2008 09:11PM

sorry you missed the fastest one hour seminar on bass rod building that I can give. The Sat. 2PM seminar is on technique specific bass rods - I intend to cover all of them (20+) in one hour - blank recommendations and why, for beginners to touring pros - handles and guide set ups. Questions generated can be addressed in the RodMaker booth the last 30 minutes of each hour, except for when I'm giving a seminar.

This will be my 3rd and last ICRBE (agreement with my world traveling wife - intending to see it all before I die - she needs me to get on the military aircraft).

My Sun. 10 AM will be on the Revolver Rod with an emphasis on why it's even more relevant for other species than Bass - the bigger the fish - the more relevant.

My Sun. 2PM on modifying components with emphasis on the bass rods and their effect on your market. At the end - I will be giving away my blue notebook - filled over the years with what I was developing, plus a large laminated sheet of all Revolver and Spinning rods I've been building. No free lunch - I'll draw a business card out of a hat - only for those willing to carry the torch of information revealed therein and continue helping those interested.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ICRBE 2009 - Bass rod builders - be there or be
Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.aik.sc.atlanticbb.net)
Date: November 21, 2008 09:30PM

Look forward to it hearing it. I didn't get to see you last year so sure hope to meet you this year.

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Chris Davis (---.knology.net)
Date: November 21, 2008 11:32PM

Richard-
Looking forward to my 1st Expo-glad I'll be there for your Grand Finale. I'd hate to miss this year's and have folks tell me..."You should have seen Rich's last show."
Help manage that travel itinerary if you can-maybe some destinations will be great fishing spots 'by coincidence'.

Chris

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: November 22, 2008 09:47AM

Rich Forhan: No drawing on this one - you win.

You and your wife are hereby the winners of lodging, an evening of mirth and culinary delights* prepared by Chef de Kook and a guided trip into bass, speckled trout and redfish heaven on the East Side of the Mississippi river in the waters that have previously and will again next year host the Bassmaster's Classic. You do not have to leave this country to see things that are "outta this world"!

Your choice of disposal methods of the notebook should tell all just where your allegiance is placed. No doubt you could financially benefit if the notebook were to be @#$%& to the highest bidder You could also sell it to a production rod manufacturer. I for one thank you for choosing a custom rodbuilder to hold and possibly distribute the treasure.

The information in your notebook should continue to be shared with all builders of bass rods - just because you THINK you are going away to hide somewhere does not mean that what you have been sharing with rodbuilders for many years should come to a halt. There are many that would sit on this for personal gain.

Would it be possible for you to insert one additional page in the Notebook?

Hopefully this transfer of scriptures would contain a legal and binding agreement that certifies the following:

Person whose name appears on the entry card drawn randomly will attest by signature that he/she will share the information in an unaltered form provided only that the expense of reproduction and mailing fees is prepaid.

Mr. Kirkman, this year there are more valuable things in the Exhibit Hall than rod lathes and weaving looms - revised security procedures may also need to protect a note book that contains the life work of one fine fine guy!

Bill Stevens

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2008 11:35AM by Bill Stevens.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster