I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Glad to be home
Posted by: Rob Hale (---.triad.res.rr.com)
Date: November 12, 2008 10:46PM

After dallying at some other rod building forums I am very glad to be home. I had no idea how much uncivil behavior goes on elsewhere. I have seen this forum blasted on other forums, but I have never, never, never, seen any other forum blasted on this forum.

There is a reason why this site is #1 in traffic and has the best rod building information from the greatest variety of rod builders. Well done gents. You should all pat yourselves on the back for your civil conduct and helpful, friendly advice and information. You have all built something very special here and it is something that isn't likely to be repeated elsewhere.

RJH

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Glad to be home
Posted by: Chris Davis (216.186.210.---)
Date: November 12, 2008 11:14PM

Tsk, tsk...cheatin' on us, eh? Hmmmm.....

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 12, 2008 11:28PM

Rob,

You experienced the uncivil behavior because the moderators allow it!!! It is plainly stated in the rules above that uncivilized behavior will not be tolerated here, and it is enforced. We all know that, and that is why this is such an awesome forum, let alone all the knowledge that is freely shared.

Bill in WV

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2008 12:55AM by William Bartlett.

Posted by: Gene Carriker (---.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com)
Date: November 13, 2008 12:40AM

Rob ...

Thanks to all that make this a great place to visit each day! I have settled into my favorite chair and learn from you daily.

Gene

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2008 12:49PM by Gene Carriker.

Posted by: robert smith (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 13, 2008 12:52AM

hey Rob Hale et al....

You may want to research the term "Hypocrite" as your doing, by way of your posting, exactly what your complaining about.

Clasic. Thanks for the laugh.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: November 13, 2008 04:39AM

It is unfortunate that no one can just share and leave it at that
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 13, 2008 08:08AM

THere are many good rod building forums on several different fishing websites. MOst of these forums are regional, and offer valuable information from actual fishermen who use the rods we build, and oyu can learn a lot about what blanks to use for certain fishing applications. If RBO is your lone source of rod building info, you're missing out on an entire world of info.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: November 13, 2008 10:16AM

I am aware that many other forums have a few folks that like to make unkind comments about this forum. That's fine by me. It doesn't concern me. Many of those who make those comments also talk about how bad they were treated here, and yet, a search under their name reveals that only kindness and consideration was shown to them here. We don't allow anything less.

Builders will naturally migrate to those places they feel best serve their needs and that's why there's more than one rod building forum around. We do attract the largest audience here but we'll never attract the only audience and that's fine by me. We never want to be so naive as to think that any one place can satisfy everybody.

What many folks don't realize is that several of the different forum owners/operators including myself, work together on keeping out trouble makers (their conduct is the same where ever they go) and guarding against hackers and that type of thing. One forum was recently hacked, twice in fact, and it fouled them up pretty good. I discussed it with the forum operator and we agreed to share notes on similar hacking attempts. So for the most part we don't work against each other, we work together. We're all in the same boat.

Posted by: Gene Carriker (---.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com)
Date: November 13, 2008 12:11PM

Robert ...

I am properly chastized ... thank you ... new to forums and will catch on to proper etiquette.

Gene

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2008 12:46PM by Gene Carriker.

Posted by: Charlie Smoote (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: November 13, 2008 12:52PM

As others obviously do, I visit every forum on rodbuilding including this one, that I can find.

If you confine yourself to only one forum, you're overlooking some good information. Keep an open mind. JMHO C2

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: November 14, 2008 09:59AM

I think I understand but am not really sure -

How many rodbuilding forums can be found?

Does "visit" mean participate?

If you find some thing new do you actively participate?

How much time is spent on all the sites?

How much time is spent rodbuilding?

I have so much medication in my mind it is always open. )>

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: November 14, 2008 04:48PM

There are about 40 or so rod building forums on the net (probably more by now). Only a few receive regular daily traffic. And only a few of those receive large quantity of traffic each day. Search on Google and you can turn up quite a few.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster