I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Alwyas read the label, dumb mistake
Posted by: gary Marquardt (141.211.151.---)
Date: November 11, 2008 03:41PM

Now that it's over I can laugh this one off but...
I needed to glue up some reel seats and went to mix up some rod bond. Sat down at the bench and grabbed the two containers. Opened the first and thought "that's getting towasrds the bottom of the jar".
Gradded the next one and thinking it was low tipped it sideways and twisted the cap off in one good turn.
"OH Snap" that was a new jar of cork seal". Well now my shop apron and the floor will have a nice durable finish. Next time I'll look at the label and maybe even label the caps.
You all can laugh at me now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alwyas read the label, dumb mistake
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: November 11, 2008 03:47PM

That's only allowed on Friday's, don't let it happen again until Friday!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL OLO

Posted by: Russ Pollack (---.org)
Date: November 11, 2008 05:22PM

I like the one where you open one part of the epoxy, pour it in the cup, close it, and then open it again and pour an exactly equal measure of the same thing, ignoring color, smell, etc.

Then wait for it to dry. Doesn't matter if it's glue or finish. Just - - - wait - - - for - - - it- - - to --- dry - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: November 11, 2008 05:41PM

Russ :-)

What kills me is opening jar "A"taking out a measured amount, put the cap back on and sit it right beside jar "B" thats needed next, turn your head and look back and wonder which jar you just too part A out of! .......I just throw away part A and start over placing each jar on different sides of the table!

DR

Posted by: Matt White (---.den1.dsl.speakeasy.net)
Date: November 11, 2008 05:48PM

I absolutly hate to admit it but I dumped half of my cork seal doing the exact same thing! Easy to do, hard to admit!

Matt White

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: November 11, 2008 06:01PM

We've all done something like it, most won't admit to it, and anyone that says he or she hasn't done it hasn't done any thing!!!!!!(or is fibbing)

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.248.71.230.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: November 11, 2008 06:06PM

hay we are only human ???? Been there done that. Dooooo

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: November 11, 2008 08:29PM

I corked sealed my whole work bench a couple of times, Oh yes I have also poured it on a capeted floor in my shop. Now it has a hard shell finish.
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Pete Sansone (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: November 12, 2008 07:47AM

And I thought only beginners like me made mistakes like that! I corked sealed my workbench a couple months ago but was too imbarasted to post about it!

Snooker Pete

Posted by: Dave Lester (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: November 12, 2008 12:11PM

Ha! Been there, done that, got that t-shirt.

After the SECOND time, I proceeded with mixing my rod bond, and after using it, took a little left over and rodbonded a cork ring to the top of the cork seal cap.

No more mistaking that jar!

Dave

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster