I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
FishSticks4U is changing hands
Posted by: Scott Parsons (205.244.119.---)
Date: November 10, 2008 10:47AM

Good Morning RodMaker's,
It is an honor and a privilege to announce that my company, Scott's Custom Rods, has recently acquired FishSticks4U. Most of you are familiar with FishSticks4U, as they have been a respected and valued sponsor on this board for many years. We are very excited about the consolidation of these two companies, as it will allow us to serve the rod building community in a more efficient and complete manner. As a former FishSticks4U client, I can speak for all of us when I say that the industry will miss the involvement of Robert, and Ray....they built a very reputable business, and we hope to build upon the success Robert & Ray achieved, and grow FishSticks to the next level. For the moment, nothing will change in terms of what's carried in our inventory, however we will be expanding and adding to the already extensive lineup of products that FishSticks4U became so well known for.
Again, we are very excited about this new undertaking, and hope that all of you who were loyal FishSticks clients will continue to be so. And for those of you who have never purchased from FishSticks before, we invite you to give us a try.

If any of you have any questions or comments regarding this acquisition/merger, or suggestions about products you would like to see added to our lineup, please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Best Regards,

Scott Parsons

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FishSticks4U is changing hands
Posted by: Tony Childs (152.72.151.---)
Date: November 10, 2008 11:26AM

What will be the effect to current wholesale account holders? I am assuming not much?

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: November 10, 2008 11:55AM

Congrats! I'll miss talking to Robert.

Same question as Tony.

Chuck

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 10, 2008 12:26PM

Scott - best of luck with your new acquisition. Also best of luck to Robert and Ray and the rest of the staff at Fishsticks.

FWIW, I find it funny the first thing people are worried abotu is saving $3 on a guide, lmao!!! GOOD LUCK!!

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: November 10, 2008 01:40PM

Billy, it must be sarcastic Monday. Calling to place an order and having the other end say I don't know you and have no record of you is not a lmao time. I've only placed one blank order to there but I simply want to know if the change of hands will be transparent.

Date: November 10, 2008 01:48PM

My plan is to make this transition as painless as possible. There will naturally be some hiccups, but we hope not to offend anyone in the process. Thanks Scott Parsons

Posted by: Tony Childs (152.72.151.---)
Date: November 10, 2008 04:31PM

Bill,

It's not at all about saving a penny. Just wondering about how the process of taking orders will change or transition. You may have no interest, but about 85% of my stuff came from Fishsticks. I look forward to working with Scott and the new team. Good luck to Robert and Ray, thanks for all you help.

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2008 06:33PM

Scott;
Congradulations
Will you be moving the opperation to NC or will it stay in Virginia?

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 10, 2008 07:22PM

Best wishes to all!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Scott Parsons (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2008 09:03PM

The operation will be moving to NC this weekend. So there will probably be alittle down time while we get it back up and running. But please continue to place your orders and we will be filling them ASAP. I will post the new contact info. allittle later on this week. For right now please keep calling Robert and Ray. Scott Parsons

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2008 09:26PM

Scott
I will be coming to see you!
Let me know when you will be ready for visitors

Posted by: Cody Vickers (---.dsl.ltrkar.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 10, 2008 10:41PM

Billy I think they are worried about saving a little EACH on maybe 300 guides. I understand that you obviously have unlimited funds judging from your posts any time someone mentions saving a buck, but some of us don't.

Gentlemen..........light your torches!!!

Posted by: robert smith (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 11, 2008 04:07AM

Scott,

I wish you the best but here is the secret of Robert and Ray's success. SERVICE. You could call there at anytime, and even during off business hours, and speak to one of them. You just weren't calling and speaking to some random order taker who just happened to answer your call, you were talking to a real everyday custom rod builder. Guys who knew the business and knew they're product. They didn't have the best selection or the best prices but the service was darn near unbeatable! Many of us don't want to speak with a customer service representative and we don;t want to order through a website.

Like I said I wish you well, but unless you can duplicate that service it will not be the same.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 11, 2008 12:45PM

Congrats, Scott!!! I'll miss Robert and Ray, but a better person couldn't have taken over

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Chris Davis (216.186.210.---)
Date: November 11, 2008 02:24PM

Good Luck Scott-admire your willingness to dive into such an undertaking in slow economic times. The American entrepreneurial spirit lives!

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.150.popsite.net)
Date: November 11, 2008 08:12PM

Hay Scott, glad to here some one is making out . Good place to do business. Keep it the same if you can. Good luck.

Robert -- Ray, let us all know what your going to do. I have done business with both of you and enjoyed our conversations on the phone. I for one would like to know --- going to start another, getting out ?? Let us know. Good luck. WillieRods

Posted by: Mike Thompson (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: November 11, 2008 10:05PM

Congrats Scott ! Im sure everyone will recieve only the best service , speaking from the service you have givin me in the past. Scotts Rod Supply has been a class act since day one, a great board sponsor and vendor at ICRBE.
My best to Robert, Ray & Kevin, thanks for the great service, good luck to you all!

Mike Thompson
Thompson's Custom Rods

It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so ingenious!

Posted by: Derec Mercer (---.soc.mil)
Date: November 12, 2008 01:34PM

Scott,

Congrats and Good Luck in your expanding business. My question is one; where are you moving to? and two; when (if you haven't already) are you going to get some more All-Star rod blanks in?

Thanks,
Derec
Derec's Custom Rod Shop (my new business venture, haven't gone public yet-still working it out with the company accountant/ investor/ stockholder, my WIFE!)

Date: November 12, 2008 03:26PM

Dereck Your email is hidden unhide it please. I am moving the co. to NC That will be done this weekend. There are no More AllStar blanks that co. went out of business awhile ago and when those blanks are gone they are gone.

Posted by: Derec Mercer (---.soc.mil)
Date: November 12, 2008 03:42PM

I didn't know that All-Star rods went out of business, thats frustrating. I was already planning my next build and I wanted a 7'6" All-Star rod.

Scott, I changed my email settings.

Thanks,
Derec

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster