I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rod Name???????
Posted by: Bobby Silger (---.tohcorp.com)
Date: October 30, 2008 01:19PM

I am trying to get some ideas on a name for the rods that I am going to build. Lets hear some of the names that you think would be good?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Name???????
Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.hsd1.la.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2008 01:42PM

You need to give more information than what you've given. What type of rods are you building, what species are you targeting, freshwater, insore saltwater, offshore, are they fly rods, casting or spinning rods ? What area do you live in ?

Lance

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: October 30, 2008 01:50PM

Silger Custom Rods?

-----------------
AD

Date: October 30, 2008 02:12PM

They will be bass rods. I am looking for something catchy.

Posted by: Lance Lapeyrouse (---.msy.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 30, 2008 02:23PM

something catchy

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.georgewall.com)
Date: October 30, 2008 02:40PM

Silger slinger

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Michael Ortega (---.va.neustar.com)
Date: October 30, 2008 02:42PM

Try thinking of things that you feel will represent the type of rods you will be building. Are you focusing on super lightweight and sensitive, Mid grade with outstanding wraps and graphics ect...Start brainstorming and searching the internet for words, phrases and ideas.

Maybe you could post any thoughts or names you come with and get feedback/alternatives.

-Mike

Date: October 30, 2008 02:48PM

Well I have had many ideas and am pondering some of them. I already have a small custom lure business that I do " Dynamite Custom Lures". I was think of this name for them; Dynamite Stix?

Date: October 30, 2008 03:43PM

compliments each other... if you have a good reputation from your lures, never hurts to capitalize on that expanding into rods.

-----------------
AD

Posted by: robert smith (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2008 04:29PM

If your creative enough to build a worthy rod then you should certainly have the ability to create name. If you can't then you may want to rethink your purpose. One thing to remember is that serious anglers don;t like gimmicks. Your "brand" should be straight forward and too the point.

Posted by: ridge orjalesa (---.146.202.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2008 04:39PM

silger stick

catchy stick

barbecue stick (?) :)

Date: October 30, 2008 05:05PM

Robert - Just because you can't come up with a name, doesn't mean you can't build a good rod...

Visual ability and linguistic ability are different skill sets.

Most "serious" bass anglers don't want "visually stimulating" rods anyway.

-----------------
AD

Posted by: Chris Davis (216.186.210.---)
Date: October 30, 2008 06:32PM

What Alex Said.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2008 07:57PM

Why not use KISS method?

Custom Made for
(name of clien)
by Bobby Sliger
Want to "fancy it up" then change the fonts and size of the print
or expand it to include line wt / lure wt

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2008 08:07PM

Boss Rod

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2008 08:50PM

Percussion Performance Rods. "the explosive tool to set off your new Dynamite lures"

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Date: October 30, 2008 09:33PM

I never did like it when a person uses he word "stick" or "stix" describing their rods. A stick is just that, a stick, a branch or even "pole". I would like to think of my rods as more than just a "stick". To me it just doesn't sound professional.

I stuck with the name Swampland for over 25 years. Started our making spinnerbaits under the name Swampland Lures, then opened a tackle shop and called it Swampland Tackle then when I started building rods (not sticks) I called them Swampland Rods. Name recognition is where it's at.

I have names for certain series of rods like Snapper Snatcher and Cajun Maul Dragger which when people hear those names they automatically think of Swampland.

Lance

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2008 10:34PM

Lance;
What do you do with a
"Cajun Maul Dragger"

Posted by: robert smith (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2008 10:38PM

Alex,

obviously the ability to build a good rod and reading comprehension aren't dependent upon each other either. I'm not how you could form your response from my reply. I never said anything about "visual stimulation" , I said "good rod" and "straight forward and to the point", which is in effect what your restated, so your agreeing without knowing it.

Cheers.

Date: October 30, 2008 10:52PM

Steve, it's a 7' MB845. I sell it to the so called "meat hunters", guys going after big redfish wih bait shrimp and a popping cork. Cast, let it sit, set the hook, reel 'em in and cast right back out for the next one. I've been using that name for years and it's on my label.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2008 10:52PM by Lance Dupre.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster