I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thanks
Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 15, 2008 10:12PM

Without letting the cat out of the bag I want to say thanks to Tom for the special gift in the latest Rodmaker. It will be interesting to see where this leads. Even better would be to look back ten years from now and know that we were all in on the very beginning of it. The very first ones. Thanks again Tom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thanks
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 15, 2008 10:17PM

I aint got mine yet!

WAAAAAAA!!!!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: J.B. Hunt (---.dsl.logantele.com)
Date: August 15, 2008 11:52PM

I got mine ! I am thinking what Mike is thinking. It will be interesting to look at it 10 yrs from now and see what it has become. And to know that we were the first. Thanks Tom, this is a very special gift !
Ray ,,I am already flaunting mine !!

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 16, 2008 02:04AM

WAAAAAA!!!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: August 16, 2008 06:59AM

I`m with Ray on this one .Still waiting.I was away for 2 weeks and had hoped the mag would be here when I got home and I wouldnt have to read about it here. Thanks guys for keeping the cat in the bag for us.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

CHA-CHING!
Posted by: Bill Napier (---.com)
Date: August 16, 2008 10:06AM

Mine was in the morning's mail. GREAT IDEA! I'm happy to participate. Hope others do too.

Re: CHA-CHING!
Posted by: Vern Metcalf Jr (---.mn.warpdriveonline.com)
Date: August 16, 2008 11:08AM

Even though our postmaster made a good read, and litterally tearing through the articles (pages) I stlll managed to get mine. Thank you, Tom for that and the story behind it.

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.coi.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 16, 2008 04:52PM

I SPOTTED ONE TODAY ON A HONDA ELEMENT!!! Couldn't catch up to him so couldn't discuss it with him. But was pleasantly surprised to find another one of "us" here locally! Or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. I'll be on the lookout.

Posted by: Robert Moffat (---.253.205.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: August 16, 2008 07:13PM

Thanks Tom for being the glue that binds all of together. What a great idea you had and now that idea is shared with all of us and I know that it will be shared with many others that are not with us now but will be with us in the near future. As said above it is going to be interesting to watch the future and see this grow. Again Thanks for the idea and the willingness to share it with all of us.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.rb2.gh.centurytel.net)
Date: August 16, 2008 08:20PM

Raymond!!! naner, naner I got mine yesterday and it is in a vary special place.
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 17, 2008 10:20AM

Thanks Tom, got mine yesterday.

Tony

Posted by: Don Thompson (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: August 17, 2008 03:24PM

What is the number of the new rodmaker issue? I don't have a subscription yet, but would like to know so I can order the back issue.
Thanks!!!

Posted by: Richard Kuhne (---.listmail.net)
Date: August 17, 2008 04:38PM

Mine has arrived! Fantastic idea. This is the sort of thing you wonder why somebody did not come up earlier. But even if they had, I would wonder if they would have gone about it in this true not for profit fashion. I think it will be a winner.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: August 17, 2008 04:38PM

Don,

If you were to subscribe within the next couple weeks. your first copy would be the current issue. So you wouldn't need to order a back issue.

If you'd rather not subscribe and just want it as a back issue, this issue will go on back issue sale about the first of September. Volume 11 #4.

Posted by: Richard Kuhne (---.listmail.net)
Date: August 17, 2008 04:46PM

Do you have any idea about how many are currently in circulation?

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: August 17, 2008 04:54PM

Nearly 15,000 went out with the most recent issue of RodMaker. Most have not received it yet. Another 5,000 or so are on their way to dealers and manufacturers in the industry who plan to distribute them among their customers. I have a plan to get the rest out and will unveil the details shortly.

Posted by: Rolly Beenen (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: August 18, 2008 11:12PM

none in the canadian order.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster