I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Rainshadow RX8 Bass Blanks
Posted by: Karry Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: August 08, 2008 11:39AM

Rainshadow® RX8 Bass Rod Blanks
These are without question the lightest, most sensitive bass rod blanks we offer. They feature our highest modulus carbon fiber
graphite material and unique technique-specific actions and tapers. Imagine being able to feel every single bite and being able to
feel the subtle differences in bottom hardness when jig fishing. This series of blanks offers what we believe to be the pinnacle of
bass blank design. If there is a better blank out there, we aren’t aware of it. These offer jaw-dropping performance that will make all
other bass blanks obsolete.
Features:
• Proprietary blending and modulus positioning of RX8 & RX7 graphite materials • Unbelievable combination of balance,
strength & sensitivity • 10 - 20% lighter than comparable RX7 model • Eight key models to cover majority of bass fishing techniques
• Beautiful Titanium chrome Finish • Limited lifetime warranty

Rainshadow RX8 Bass Rod Blanks Featuring RX8 & RX7 Graphite
(Power Available: M = Medium, MH = Medium Heavy, H = Heavy) (Color Key TC = Titanium Chrome)
Model Color Length Sections Line Wt. Lure wt. Butt Tip Action Power Blank Wt. Price
XSB782-TC TC 6’6” 1 8-14 1/4-5/8 0.445 4.5 Fast M 1.34 $85.08
XSB783-TC TC 6’6” 1 10-17 5/16-3/4 0.462 5 Fast MH 1.37 $89.41
XSB822.5-TC TC 6’10” 1 6-14 1/8-5/8 0.392 4.5 Fast M 1.62 $93.18
XSB842-TC TC 7’0” 1 8-14 1/4-5/8 0.455 4.5 Fast M 1.41 $96.41
XSB843-TC TC 7’0” 1 10-17 5/16-3/4 0.468 5 Fast MH 1.65 $102.88
XMB783-TC TC 6’6” 1 10-17 1/4-3/4 0.480 5.5 Fast MH 1.79 $91.15
XMB843-TC TC 7’0” 1 10-17 1/4-3/4 0.545 5.5 Fast MH 2.4 $109.51
XMB844-TC TC 7’0” 1 12-20 1/4-1 0.545 6 Fast H 2.75 $117.46

Karry Batson
Batson Enterprises Inc.
Ph: (877) 875-2381
Fax: (360) 683-3579
karry@batsonenterprises.com
www.batsonenterprises.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Rainshadow RX8 Bass Blanks
Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: August 08, 2008 12:36PM

So these are less than the RX8+... and I notice they don't mention the carbon fiber scrim like the RX8+. But appear to seem somewhat lighter? Interesting.

What color is titanium chrome? Is it a grey? Gloss or Matte?

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: August 08, 2008 12:51PM

Karry,
are these on par with, better,or a little less than better in performance as compared to the RX8+

thanks,
Tom

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.united.net)
Date: August 08, 2008 01:51PM

These are super light-weight, high performance blanks, at fantastic prices, that won't break the bank!! We have just started bringing these blanks in and would be glad to help assisit anyone with orders. Just give us a call at 931-684-6164, if interested.

Scott Abell -- Custom Tackle Supply

Date: August 08, 2008 03:57PM

Good question. The RX8+ has crushed graphite fiber scrim as well as a proprietary fiber lay out for hoop strength. Without doubt the finest blank money can buy. Personally the sensitivity difference by feel is maybe 5% more on the RX8+.

The RX8 has special designed tooling to decrease the over all diameter using very high multy modules material strategically placed to create the action. The graphite “lay out” is similar to the RX7. Once I put the two in my hand I noticed first the RX8 was lighter and second it was smaller in diameter and third it was extremely more sensitive than the RX7. The price was not gouging my wallet and the feel difference between the RX8+ and RX8 was like I said maybe 5-8% difference and I could count that out by simply putting on Braid line. The Tich finish is amazing in that in the light you can see through too the cello rings on the blank so basically transparent sort of speak. I feel that without a doubt the New RX8 is the finest blank for the money on the market today. This is the more affordable wow blank and you now have an up grade to the RX7 that will be an easy up grade for you if the customer or you truly can’t afford the finest blank money can buy RX8+.

I will try and post a picture of the blank color on the photo page as soon as possible.

Karry Batson
Batson Enterprises Inc.

Date: August 08, 2008 04:08PM

Check out the photo page for the Titanium Chrome Blank color.

Here is the link I think! [www.rodbuilding.org]

Karry Batson
Batson Enterprises Inc.

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: August 08, 2008 04:13PM

Looks good! Karry, can you expand on the "unique technique-specific actions"? Do they excel at certain applications?

Thanks!

Date: August 08, 2008 04:38PM

Here is the deal we introduced the new RX8 models in the most popular like RX7 models. Techniques for each one, I hope that other folks will give you there experiences with the similar models in the RX7. If you have ever used the RX7 in like models then you can expect the RX8 will be a bit lighter, more sensitive, and a bit more powerful in the mid and upper section of the rod. This is my list now I’m sure we could go all day on this one because these are the most universal action I know of. And yes you can build these Spin or Cast.

XSB782= Topwater / Finesse Spin/ Worm/shaky
XSB783= Worm / Jig
XSB822.5= Drop Shot and many more...
XSB842= Topwater / Finesse Spin/Worm/shaky
XMB783= Worm / Jig/ Spinner Bait
XMB843= Worm / Jig/Spinner Bait/ Carolina Rig
XMB844= Jig / Slop / Frog

Karry Batson
Batson Enterprises Inc.

Posted by: Bobby Feazel (---.55.155.207.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: August 08, 2008 06:46PM

Karry

Are these blanks made in the US or offshore?

Bobby Feazel

[www.shockwaverods.com]

Conventional wisdom will not open the box.

Posted by: Duane Richards (---.rn.hr.cox.net)
Date: August 08, 2008 08:20PM

to add to Bobbys post if thats ok with Bobby?........

and do they carry a carbon fiber scrim or a glass one? ( new RX8 )

DR

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: August 08, 2008 08:33PM

Since they don't have a "+" at the end, I bet they are offshore blanks.

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.aik.sc.atlanticbb.net)
Date: August 08, 2008 08:37PM

Duane... I was going to ask for a clarification also...

Karry said "Good question. The RX8+ has crushed graphite fiber scrim as well as a proprietary fiber lay out for hoop strength. Without doubt the finest blank money can buy. Personally the sensitivity difference by feel is maybe 5% more on the RX8+."

I'm assuming the first was a typo and he meant the RX8, not the RX8+, has the crushed fiber scrim.

Posted by: Robert Tignor (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 08, 2008 08:46PM

We have had customers come in our shop looking for these blanks . It is fun to watch the expression on their face when they get one in their hand . Eyes get big and bright when they see the color , and then when they get it in their hands you see a smile from ear to ear . I personally love the color . They are not on our web site yet , but they are in stock .

Robert

Posted by: Mike Pedersen (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: August 09, 2008 05:15PM

I ordered several of these as soon as Karry let me know that they were available. Built out three of them immediately. I'll give them a better review when I get a moment but for now let me tell you these sticks are AWESOME. Super light, super sensitive, very powerful. And they are beautiful taboot.

Date: August 12, 2008 01:56PM

Karry Wrote : The RX8+ has crushed graphite fiber scrim as well as a proprietary fiber lay out for hoop strength. This is correct!
The RX8 does not have a crushed graphite fiber scrim.

The RX8+ is made in the USA
The RX8 is made in China featuring modules positioning of RX8 and RX7 graphite materials.

Check out this rod set up I just built for your future refrence.

Rod Blank Model # XSB842 CASTING
Butt cap:
Front Cap:
Rear Grip: HESRG4.5S/350 and HESGFB1.5S-350 New High end Split grip system
Handle Arbor:
Reel Seat: GTBTG16C-11.5-TC Forecast Exposed spin seat with textured soft finish
Reel Seat Shim
Foregrip: HEFG2.5S-250 New High End fore grip
Winding Check: bwc10
Hookeeper: tchks
Tip Top XTCPPZT06R04.5 Alps "RRD" ( Recessed ring design) tip top with Zirconium ring
1st guide from tip top XPTCFZG06 Alps "RRD" SS316 Single foot with Zirconium ring
2nd guide from tip top XPTCFZG06
3rd guide from tip top XPTCFZG06
4th guide from tip top XPTCFZG06
5th guide from tip top: XPTCFZG07
6th guide from tip top: XPTCFZG08
7th guide from tip top: XTCLXNZG10 Alps Light XN ss316 RRD with polished zirconium ring
8th guide from tip top: XTCLXNZG10 Alps Light XN ss316 RRD with polished zirconium ring
9th guide from tip top: XTCLXNZG12 Alps Light XN ss316 RRD with polished zirconium ring
10th guide from tip top:
11th guide from tip top:
12th guide from tip top:
13th guide from tip top:
14th guide from tip top:
15th guide from tip top:
16th guide from tip top:
Guide spacing Specs(inches from tip, center ring over mark) 4-8-12-16.5-21.5-27.25-33.5-41.25-49.25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster