I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Hello from a newbie.
Posted by: David Womack (---.stx.res.rr.com)
Date: August 04, 2008 11:10PM

I am new here and just wanted to say howdy.
Yes, I am from Texas.

I have build a few rods for myself years ago and have picked it up again.
I kind of stumbled on to this site the other night and there seems to be a lot of good folks and good info. here.
I'm sure I will ba asking a few questions.

David

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hello from a newbie.
Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 05, 2008 12:53AM

David,

Welcome back to Rod Building and welcome to this forum!!! You're exactly right, there are a ton of relly great folks on this forum including some of the premier Rod Builders in the world!! The best part is, they are all more than willing to share information and answer questions. Sooooo, ask away!!!

Bill in WV

Posted by: Ash Carlton (---.fairchildproducts.com)
Date: August 05, 2008 08:26AM

Still being a newbie myself, believe me when I say these guys are the best!

Ash

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: August 05, 2008 08:33AM

Welcome aboard!! Take a few minutes to check out the Library, FAQ, Glossary and Photo Pages

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Harold Dean (207.194.36.---)
Date: August 05, 2008 09:19AM

Welcome David.

You've landed in the right place. This site is a "living encyclopedia" on rod building.

Enjoy
Harold

Posted by: Terry Turner (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 05, 2008 09:58AM

Hi Dave,

All are welcome here. It's one of the most constructive sites on the net.

Take some time to check out the library articles and the glossary. Use the search function on specific subjects like guide spacing or thread sizes etc to get a feel for the discussions. Please ask questions if you have them and someone will give you great information.

We even help people from Texas. :-)

Take care.

Terry

Posted by: David Womack (---.stx.res.rr.com)
Date: August 05, 2008 11:28PM

Thank you for the welcome everyone.

WOW, I took a little time to look around and the FAQ's section is great.
This section has a ton of answers to questions a rookie will need to know.
I also took a tour of the pictures on this site. I have not seen but a small amout of them and I can say I have never seen rods of this caliber ever. You all do some incredable work.
I was looking through the picctures of handles and grips and I can't believe the quality of work.
All I can say is you guys are good.

David

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster