I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Changes in Exotic Burl Distribution
Posted by: Andy Dear (---.sub-70-216-124.myvzw.com)
Date: August 04, 2008 08:13PM

Hey guys,
I wanted to let you all know that we are making some changes here at Lamar. Last month I was offered a position with a production Rod Company to manage their product development program for their fly and inshore saltwater division. The upshot is that I will also be heading up the rodbuilders blank program, making many if not all of the tapers we develop available to the rodbuilding community. More on that at a later date as we finalize the details……
The downside is that I have had to streamline my product line-up to the point where I am selling only products that don't require an intense investment in labor and manufacturing. The product that requires the largest investment in time and labor is the exotic burl material. However, rather than discontinue this product altogether, we have found an individual already in the rod building business to take over where we will be leaving off.
Many of you may already be doing business with him.....his name is Scott Parsons, and he has recently opened up Scott's Custom Rods (sponsor on the left), where he is selling completed custom rods, as well as specialty tools and components. I am very excited that Scott chose to take this product on for a number of reasons. First, I have known Scott for a long time, as he has been a Lamar customer for several years, and knows the products very well, and he is a quality individual with a lot of integrity.
Second, the Exotic Burl material was one of the first big products that put Lamar on the map as major player in the component business....and I hated to discontinue it, and just let it disappear. So, I am very happy to see the product continue to be available to the Rod Building community through Scott.
I will continue to work with Scott to ensure that the transition for all of the Exotic Burl distributors is a smooth one. Additionally, I have committed to Scott to continue to help him with product development on the next generation of handle materials, as well. Of course, if any of you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Please Note: The distribution of the ThreadMaster line of coatings and adhesives will remain unaffected by this change, and continue to be sold through Lamar.

Best Regards,

Andy Dear
Lamar Fishing Products

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Changes in Exotic Burl Distribution
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 04, 2008 09:27PM

Good luck with your new position. Congrats to Scott adn good luck with the Cork & everythign else.

Posted by: shawn storey (---.satx.res.rr.com)
Date: August 04, 2008 09:47PM

congrats man

Posted by: Todd Theodore (---.fuse.net)
Date: August 04, 2008 10:16PM

Congratulations Andy. They couldn't have found a better man.
But, don't forget us inshore freshwater river smallie junkies. We need your expertise designing the next great bronzeback sticks.
Have fun,
Todd

Posted by: Sammy Mickel (204.116.125.---)
Date: August 04, 2008 11:08PM

Glad to hear things are going well for you.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 05, 2008 01:09AM

All the best to both you & Scott Andy. Congrats!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Scott Parsons (205.244.119.---)
Date: August 05, 2008 08:40AM

Andy, Thanks for the encouragement. I am really excited that I can take on this line of product. I have enjoyed using the exotic burl cork and will absolutely enjoy distributing it. Andy and I are working out the final details. I hope to have the line back available within a few weeks. Thanks for the encouragement and look forward to talking to you all. Thanks Scott Parsons www.scottscustomrods.com

Posted by: Fran Park (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: August 05, 2008 08:42AM

Andy, your hard work and dedication the craft is paying off for you! I hope that in your new position you will be in attandance at the ICRBE! Congratulations!

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: August 05, 2008 08:51AM

Congrats to both of you!!!
Scott, can you clarify whether you will be distributing through the presnt dealers that are selling the product or soley through your company.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: les cline (---.dsl.ksc2mo.swbell.net)
Date: August 05, 2008 11:41PM

I bought the last three blanks Karen had at Bingham Ent.

Glad I can still get them, though.

Scott, will you be selling them to distributors like BE?

Les

Posted by: Scott Parsons (205.244.119.---)
Date: August 06, 2008 11:22AM

Yes, Les I will be. Thanks for asking. Scott

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster