I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

SC bass fisherman...Help
Posted by: Jason Kesckes (---.hrbgpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 25, 2008 08:55PM

If anyone can help? My son qualified for the flw youth championship in 2 weeks on lake monticello. pertinent info would be appreciated. what where and why...structure depths. too late to get a map via mail. please send to my E-Mail also how clear is the water usually, braid or mono or flouro...
Kesckes1970@verizon.net
thanks.... Jason Kesckes
I want to build him a rod so I would like to get an idea of what would be best plus if I could get him some inside info at the same time that would be great . they dont allow any prefishing for the kids from out of state due to time restrictions

Jason Kesckes. Aint no fish'n like bass fish'n

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2008 09:00PM by Jason Kesckes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SC bass fisherman...Help
Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.aik.sc.atlanticbb.net)
Date: July 25, 2008 10:12PM

Congratulations to the little man! Outstanding news.

Sorry I can't help. I know Clarks Hill. A little Murray and a little Greenwood. :(

Good luck though!!!!

Posted by: Robbie Smith (---.sub-70-221-17.myvzw.com)
Date: July 25, 2008 10:34PM

This lake is very deep and very clear which is not typical of SC lakes. I would try a Carolina style worm rig or deep diving crank bait off a point. There is not a lot of structure or vegetation but you can look for baitfish hanging around a sandy flat which might support a colony of mussels. If he finds this, look for the drop off and fish it hard!

Posted by: Chris Davis (216.186.210.---)
Date: July 26, 2008 03:26AM

Although this is a non rod building type question, I don't care. Any subject that involves kids fishing gets some leeway in my book. Congrats to your son-Robbie obviously has some knowledge of the lake-his advice sounds sound-I can't see a little guy tossing a deep running crankbait for long. Maybe hope for some wind so he can drift car-rigged small plastic worms across points or along creek channels. I've fished and lived in SC all my life but never been there. Bless his heart-I hope he does well-I never had a chance to do anything like that as a kid. As with any body of water baitfish will be the key-no bait, no bass.
Emphasize effort and try to make sure he has a good time, that's the most important thing. Ask on SCLakes.com site for some help. Good luck
Chris

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: July 26, 2008 10:27AM

Contact this email address:

BILL FRAZIER [[email protected]]

Castaway XP3 903 Cranks

Castaway XP3 905 Flipping and Jigs

Castaway XP3 874 Braid Rod For Flip, Grass and Frogs (10 - 80 Braid)

Castaway XP3 845 Carolina

Contact [www.swamplandtackle.com] and that young fisherman will discover what the word "Langaippe" Really Means

Gon Fishn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2008 11:29AM by Bill Stevens.

Posted by: William Brake (66.119.4.---)
Date: July 26, 2008 03:32PM

Jason here is a web site for a free interactive lake map website. This might help with getting a little more familiar with the water before your son get's their. Oh tell him congratulations. I know he has put alot of time in this to get to where he is. WWW.findyourwater.com

Posted by: mike harris (---.borgwarner.com)
Date: July 29, 2008 10:52AM

You may have already found this, but here is the best site that I know for info about fishing in SC. [www.sclakes.com] I have never fished at Monticello, but I have fished Keowee a lot along with Hartwell, Russell, and Clarks Hill. At his time of year a deep Carolina Rig with a 4 inch watermelon / red flake lizard is my best producer. Fish deep points and humps, I have found at this time of year you either catch them schooling on topwater or in 25+ feet of water, anything in between is a waste of time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster