I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

tiger suggestions
Posted by: Aaron Anderson (---.cust.wildblue.net)
Date: July 09, 2008 06:51PM

any suggestions on color combos for tiger wrap on a purple blank that has hot pink wraps with holo guides. Thanks guys!

Aaron Anderson
Beaver Rods

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tiger suggestions
Posted by: Joe Vanfossen (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: July 09, 2008 08:14PM

I have no idea if it would have enough contrast, but I might try metallic blue or purple and silver underneath with the hot pink on top.

Joe

Posted by: steve stanfill (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: July 09, 2008 08:43PM

I recently did a purple blank with purple NCP wraps and MT purple trim bands on holo guides. For the tiger wrap I used chrome automotive tape for a bright base, pearl MT and black MT for the base threads and purple NCP for the top thread. The pearl goes translucent, so the chrome tape gave it a light background with a slight green tint that goes well with the holo guides. Not a knockout but turned out pretty good. Had more of the tiger stripe look instead of holographic look. Doing a test wrap first on wichever combo you choose will help you get the look that you want.

Posted by: Steve Cox (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: July 09, 2008 10:57PM

Aaron, I have tried all kinds of combinations for Tiger Wraps. It is fun and educational. I have evolved back to basics with it and have my very best results when I use size A Black Gudebrod and size A NCP White as the bottom two wraps. I do put a coat of CP on those. Then two more coats of finish. Whatever color thread I use for the top wrap ( remember this is in the reverse direction and has a pull out thread beside it) becomes the main color for the whole thing. The single biggest factor for a nice holo effect for me is.... WRAP THE BOTTOM TWO THREADS AT VERY LOW TENSION|.... then burnish them in opposite directions several times just hard enough to make them move but not come un-done. I would do this Black & White bottom wrap and use the Hot Pink on top. Good wrapping!

Posted by: Aaron Anderson (---.cust.wildblue.net)
Date: July 09, 2008 11:23PM

Hey Steve, Yeah I've done quite a few and I like the black and white bottom the best also. Thanks for the input I was just seeing what peoples ideas were for this color combo. Tight wraps!

Aaron Anderson
Beaver Rods

Posted by: Chuck Ungs (---.dsl.iowatelecom.net)
Date: July 14, 2008 12:19PM

For my wifes rod I used black and silver metallic Gudebrod for the base and used purple nylon as the outside layer - it turned out very well and we were very pleased with the results. Give it a try! Chuck Ungs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster