I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

those with experience with black matrix blanks
Posted by: Lance Lapeyrouse (70.151.77.---)
Date: June 18, 2008 05:14PM

i exclusively use the AMTAC black matrix blanks on all of my rods because 1) the price is right, and 2) customers DIG the look. here's my questions. when i wipe any sort of epoxy off of the blank with alcohol, little white specs form on the finish. i can't wipe these specs off, but i can get them off with my fingernail. obviously the alcohol is having some effect on the blank's finish. what can i do to prevent this because frankly it's becoming a pain in the arse!

thanks in advance,
lance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: those with experience with black matrix blanks
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: June 18, 2008 05:18PM

Are you sure it's not coming form what you are wiping with?

Posted by: Lance Lapeyrouse (70.151.77.---)
Date: June 18, 2008 05:25PM

yes i have tried different types of towels. currently i am using blue heavy duty disposable shop towels, but i've used cotton ones before and got the same results. the shop towels seem to work the best.

Posted by: fred schoenduby (---.dsl.chic01.pacbell.net)
Date: June 18, 2008 05:29PM

Lance....I wipe all of my blanks down with denatured alcohol using cheese cloth and never had a problem. Many moons ago I used rags that were washed and I had spots that I beleive came from the washed rags, maybe soap. Cheese cloth solved that problem.

Tight Lines
Tight Wraps
Fishin'Stix by Fred

Posted by: Lance Lapeyrouse (---.hsd1.la.comcast.net)
Date: June 19, 2008 01:04AM

im wondering why would the spots be white when my rags are blue?

Posted by: Maurice Ghormley (---.static.ida.net)
Date: June 19, 2008 11:48AM

I have done 5 matrix blanks,wiped with isopro and have not noticed anything.

Posted by: Chase Foster (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: June 19, 2008 04:52PM

Hey Lance,
These blanks have been Great for us, and I am glad to hear you and your customers like them as well. We have not had any issues to date, but we always want to be pro-active and investigate something like this. Please contact me at your convenience so we can discuss this issue with your blank. My email is chase@americantackle.us, I will be here for another hour or so. If you will be available at a certain phone number include that in your email and I will give you a shout. Thanks Lance.

Chase Foster
American Tackle
www.americantackle.us

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.coi.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 19, 2008 07:00PM

Trying to get some information on the American Tackle Viper blanks in the latest Mud Hole flyer. They appear to be out of stock. Any word on when these will be ready to ship?

Posted by: Chase Foster (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: June 20, 2008 10:04AM

Hey Ken,
I only have a few models in now, only some in the popping and spin jig series. I am expecting the rest of our shipment by the middle of July. We will be sure to make an announcement on the board when I have them all in. Thank you for your interest and support of American Tackle.

Chase Foster
American Tackle
www.americantackle.us

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster