I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

I need your help
Posted by: Kenneth W Price (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 15, 2008 10:08PM

Last spring I ordered 1- 85mag and 1- 85 mega-mag from mud hole ,after a sells rep gave me Hastings # and told me to talk with them about building a 50/50 2pc.So I chose the Mega Mag between the 2 for the rebuild..
In September 07. After months, and several calls from Magaly she finally convinced me that Roy could build me a 50/50 cut 2pc mega-mag for traveling. I would have to commit to purchasing 30 blanks, and to pay for 15 up front and after receiving them the others would be next.

On the spot my credit card was charged over 1800. And after 4 months I received 15 blanks in which all but 4 had several major flaws in each blanks, bubbles in the finish in sink my thumb-nail into and slide down the blank leaving a groove. Among some that had bumps completely down the blank. You talk about being disappointed in unbelief.

After Talking to Magaly and sending them back they agreed that they were bad and was going to rebuild. I thought after 4 months and no blanks something was wrong so I placed a call to them, over and over leaving messages and sending emails She finally answered the phn and I was told that my blanks were finished and she needed the colors and they were to be painted and shipped asap. That was 2 months ago, well week before last the same thing, She said they were done and she would call me he following Monday and let me know when to expect my blanks. Nada , nothing no phn call or replies to any messages that I had left .

They have all my blanks, including one that has the whole butt section and green handle assembly together .
All which have paid for 9 months ago.

They are killer blanks and have a good rep, I really like them. I’m loosing $ on interest and loss of the builds that have come my way, in which all components have been paid for. Because of their mistake, I have to pay for the loss?.

I need to hear from someone that has some experience in this matter.
Or what would you guys do in this case?.
need legal advice?..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2008 08:42AM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I need your help
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: June 15, 2008 10:37PM

Your bucks in the hole now, contact a lawyer and take them to court, your only chance to get some money back.

Posted by: Chris Beverley (218.185.73.---)
Date: June 16, 2008 12:59AM

I purchased a GUSA Blank in Australia and the finish was average. It looks like a bad epoxy job!!

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (207.118.60.---)
Date: June 16, 2008 01:32AM

I agree that you should talk to some legal rep., but before that I would call the Better Business Office, also talk to the State attorney General's Office to find out what your position is.
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Tom Slater (---.qld.bigpond.net.au)
Date: June 16, 2008 03:55AM

Chris Beverley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I purchased a GUSA Blank in Australia and the
> finish was average. It looks like a bad epoxy
> job!!

i did too,

i ordered from an online shop over here in aus, it was for a pioneer UR70-UL and i recieved and it had chips in the finish of the blank.

sent it back and got a new one which was perfect

Posted by: Milton (Hank) Aldridge (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: June 16, 2008 08:35AM

Hi Kenneth,

I do not know anything about the company you are talking about but you should contact your credit card company and file a fraud report with them. I think you maybe able to get your money back through them. Also file a fraud or thieft by deception report with your states att. General's office. Good luck.

Hank
On The Rocks Fishing
Wells, ME.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 16, 2008 08:47AM

If you paid for the blanks with a credit card, you'll want to talk to your credit card company. In such cases, and assuming that you're providing an accurate scenario here, you will almost certainly be able to have your credit card company reverse the charges.

I want to remind you that this site isn't meant to be used for badmouthing either business or personal entities. Reporting a bad experience is one thing but sometimes folks take this too far and use the forum to vent anger. I've been around long enough to know that there is always another side to the story. Kenneth's post is remaining but only with portions edited.

I am not saying that Kenneth's post contains any inaccuracies, just reminding everyone that this is only one side of the story - the other side could possibly be entirely different. Possibly.

Posted by: Steven Daley (---.tacom.army.mil)
Date: June 16, 2008 10:19AM

I believe since its past 60 days, the ability to file a fraudulent claim on the CC is gone. I could be mistaken, but I believe there is a 60 day allowance. Good luck! I hope you get your blanks plus some sort of "make things right" bonus as the entire scenario sounds pretty sketchy.

Posted by: Kenneth W Price (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 16, 2008 10:18PM

Tom Kirkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you paid for the blanks with a credit card,
> you'll want to talk to your credit card company.
> In such cases, and assuming that you're providing
> an accurate scenario here, you will almost
> certainly be able to have your credit card company
> reverse the charges.
>
> I want to remind you that this site isn't meant to
> be used for badmouthing either business or
> personal entities. Reporting a bad experience is
> one thing but sometimes folks take this too far
> and use the forum to vent anger. I've been around
> long enough to know that there is always another
> side to the story. Kenneth's post is remaining
> but only with portions edited.
>
> I am not saying that Kenneth's post contains any
> inaccuracies, just reminding everyone that this is
> only one side of the story - the other side could
> possibly be entirely different. Possibly.
>
> .......................
, Thank you Tom,, It was not meant to badmouth no one in this case ,I'm sorry if it was taken that way. I just wanted to ask for advice and see what can be done..It is as true as I breath. Upon posting here and other forums about this matter I received this email from hastings this afternoon..
( the other side of the story,, I've heard time after time )

.Mr Price,

I apoligize for the holdup on these blanks. The last time I spoke to you I thought that the blanks were done. I then realized that they weren't and I had to have them finished. SInce Roy is not here anynore I had to wait to hear from him. At this point he is the only one who knows how to do the 2pc blanks. I have now gotten in touch with him and can continue to finish the blanks. I am going to try to get them out by the end of the week. And keep in touch with you and let you know what is going on every step of the way. Again I apoigize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,
Magaly Hastings

Well see, hopfully everthing turns out alright..

I Pray that this is the last time I hear this. What I would like to hear is , Mr Price your blanks are being shipped today.. A,men

Posted by: Russ Pollack (---.client.stsn.net)
Date: June 17, 2008 12:31AM

Many of the suppliers and manufacturers are actually small outfits, sometimes just a couple folks, and when one leaves anything in-process at that point is in jeopardy. You often have to resolve this just by keeping after it.

On the other hand, lesson learned - read your CrCd terms to find out when the time for a claim (or, as American Express calls it, a "dispute") expires, and what steps you need to take to get such a claim in place.

I have had only one dispute with any vendor or supplier that couldn't be resolved with just a few emails or phone calls. In that one case, the lesson learned is not to pay with anything other than a CrCd, unless you know the vendor well enough to send a check, and for us, that needs to be pretty well, indeed. But that's from long experience with many vendors of a lot of years.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster