I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Back Issue Resale Warning
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 08, 2008 08:59AM

For all the convenience the internet offers, it has also enabled unscrupulous individuals a means to defraud a trusting public.

Several years ago, a well known rod building component supply dealer was selling subscriptions to RodMaker Magazine. Unfortunately, they were not agents of mine and never intended (nor had the means) to fill a single one of the subscriptions they sold. The intent was to defraud unsuspecting rod builders and hopefully get me somehow stuck in the middle.

Now it has come to my intention that at least two internet companies supposedly specializing in sales of various magazine back issues are offering RodMaker back issues for the low, low price of just $3.50 per copy. Trouble is, they don’t have any RodMaker back issues and do not intend to fulfill any orders that come in for them. I have already heard from several folks that sent them money and never received the promised back issues.

Be very careful when purchasing such things from anyone other than the original source. Granted, you’ll sometimes see issues being offered by a rod builder who is getting out of the hobby and most of the time these folks are on the up and up. Most of the time, anyway. But when dealers or companies offer such things be doubly careful - RodMaker Magazine has no authorized agents anywhere in the world. Subscriptions and back issues are sold only through this office. All others are either reselling issues purchased from this office, or sadly, running a scam.

Current resellers that I sell the magazine to are:

Ian Miller - Australia
Joe Fehr - Canada
Timo Keil - Germany
Scott Bazinett - United Kingdom
Amazon.com - Worldwide

These folks are not RodMaker Magazine agents, but they do purchase magazines in quanitity from me, for personal resale to the public. Any others should be approached with caution.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Back Issue Resale Warning
Posted by: Bill Eshelman (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: June 08, 2008 05:09PM

Tom,
Thanks for the warning, we all should know to deal with Rod Maker Mag only for back issues. I can not begin to imagine how you have time for all you do for us. And I for one thank you for the magazine, and all of the info shared with us on this site. My wife thinks I have an internet girl friend, but is only you!!! LOL

Bill

Ohio Rod Builders

Canton, Ohio

Date: June 08, 2008 05:27PM

I hope you're better looking than Sammy Mickel is, or at least a better dancer.

Posted by: Scott Lamb (---.dsl.lgvwtx.swbell.net)
Date: June 09, 2008 12:57AM

Tom, is there an website address that is legitiamate to order from?

Thanks, Scott

Date: June 09, 2008 07:40AM

www.rodmakermagazine.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster