I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Roddy Buda Head EBISU
Posted by: Charles Horan (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: June 06, 2008 10:39PM

Here's a shot in the dark. I'm looking for a blank, or rod I coulod rebuild, called a Roddy Buda Head EB ISU. It's an old fashioned fiberglass blank, almost mahogany in color, probably made in the 60s or so. I had a great one, 7 footer, nice light tip, moderate to fast blank, probably in the 12 to 15 pound range, though they may have rated it a bit heavier (and wider range) as they tended to do in the old days. It's sort of like a Seeker 196L or Calstar 608 in terms of feel and power.
Would love to find one, now old stock, used, or a rod build on this bloank, for sale. This blank may (I stress "may", as I am wildly guessing) been sort of like an old west coast Truline blank. Wonderful reddish color, sort of a roughish reel on the surface, not heavily finished, I don't think.;

Thanks as always, friends.
Chuck Horan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Roddy Buda Head EBISU
Posted by: Jim Wilson (---.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
Date: June 07, 2008 01:15AM

I believe I have one buda head, will look tomorrow, it has the sticker on the rod.
Jim wilson
so. cal.

Date: June 07, 2008 01:34AM

Thanks a lot, Jim, I appreciate it!
Chuck Horan

Date: June 07, 2008 01:28PM

sorry, could not find the rod
Jim

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 07, 2008 01:31PM

Possibly you could find a similar glass blank from Lamiglas or Seeker and create your own replica.

Posted by: Jon Gold (---.snfccasy.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: June 07, 2008 03:52PM

Chuck:

If you don't let nostalgia get in the way (sometimes you got to have what you got to have)........you should go with the Calstar T-607 or T-608. I've built a bunch of them and I love them. Usually I'll get a T-608 build it full length, or cut it down to 7'3", 7'6", or 7'9" depending on what I or my buddies are going to use it for or their personal preference. Cork handles, a light grip.....these are great blanks......straight or spiral wrap.....can you tell they are one of my all time favorite blanks?

Jon

Date: June 07, 2008 04:37PM

I agree, they are great blanks. I have only built one, a 608 that I left full length and built as a casting rod. It is very nice for--believe it or not--catfishing. Something about the soft tip that allows the fish to take the bait and swim off, hooking himself in the process when a circle hook is used. I like them, and they are a good looking blank as well.

Nostalgia, though, sometimes is really what it's about for me. You know how it is--one remembers his youth, and so forth.
LOL It's true that most modern blanks are pretty superior to some of the old stuff, and old glass blanks can dry out and all, but I still like 'em! That BudaHead is a cool looking rod,, it was an ES1, I think, with "Buda Head Special" (they spelled Buddha wrong, lol) writtin on it in psuedo Chinese looking script. Kind of a classic. Thanks for the suggestions from everybody, I appreciate them.
Chuck

Date: June 08, 2008 12:07PM

chuck, I found the buda head
written on the rod, buda head special, give me a call
Jim wilson
714-534-7158

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster