I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
2009 International Custom Rod Building Exposition
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 06, 2008 10:12AM

I'm pleased to report that booth sales for the 2009 event are brisk. Already, 9 of the possible 16 corner locations have been taken. Of course, these are always very popular. Overall, 22 of the 70 available booths are spoken for and we're still 8 months out. Things are looking very good.

I'll begin working on the website www.rodexpo.com in the next 2 or 3 weeks and will begin listing the manufacturers and dealers that have already signed on.

In the face of media insistance that a recession is on the way, or already here for many, the Rod Expo is chugging along very well. We're ahead of where we were last year at this same time. I intend to make this the very best Expo yet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2009 International Custom Rod Building Exposition
Posted by: John Martines (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 06, 2008 11:05AM

This is great news Tom! I'm sure this will be the best one ever, I'm looking forward to it.

Posted by: Scott Taylor (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: June 06, 2008 11:08AM

Awesome, I missed last years Expo. When can I buy my tickets!

Posted by: Billy Vivona (160.254.108.---)
Date: June 06, 2008 11:28AM

The NERBs will be in the NERB corner once again in 2009. Been making plans and preparing since April. Looking foward to actually gettiing out of the booth and being able to walk around for a while this time, lol.

Date: June 06, 2008 12:00PM

There will be no advance ticket sales this year - they just haven't proved necessary. The way the ticket lines are set up, there's almost no waiting. We sold tickets to over 500 people in the first hour last year and I don't think anyone had to wait more than a minute or so to buy their ticket.

Posted by: John Repaci (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: June 06, 2008 01:25PM

Tom,
Do you know if the Radisson is taking reservations yet for Feb 2009?

Date: June 06, 2008 01:28PM

Yes, to my knowledge they are. I got them to hold the same room rate ($79 per night) for the 2009 event. Just mention the Expo to them and that should lock you in.

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: June 06, 2008 01:33PM

Oh Billy,
I walked down to see you twice last year and there was nobody there.........lol

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.coi.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 06, 2008 01:37PM

They are taking reservations now. I booked my room a few days ago. Had to talk to a second person but they got it right.

There is nothing else like the epxo. With that many builders there the amount of knowledge surpasses anything else you can find elsewhere. But like a big city with small town flair, the expo still retains the charm and individual attention of a smaller event, but with all the extras that only a BIG event can provide.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (160.254.108.---)
Date: June 06, 2008 02:20PM

Todd - beer run. lol.

Date: June 06, 2008 03:35PM

Sticks and Bones has requested the booth formerly occupied by the NERBS at the previous Expo event. JP informs me that he is armed, but only so that I can make a truly informed decision as to which entity will be granted that location for the 2009 event.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 06, 2008 05:07PM

Can't argue with Smith & Wesson!!!!!!

Bill in WV

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 06, 2008 05:14PM

Hope Mr Smith & Mr Wesson down in Virginia remembers that one of the things taught in the Post-ICRBE 2008 Rodmaker Shop tour, was the art of shooting down suckers hiding in teh forest. The lesson was given by expert marksman TK, and the person recieving the lesson, and is not afraid to throw around his newfound techiniques is none other than Dave Boyle. So while JP might be trying to strongarm his way into the NErbs boothspace, he's getting himself in to a lot more than he's bargaining for, lol.

Posted by: David Spence (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: June 06, 2008 06:05PM

Since he cut his trigger finger off at the first knuckle on a table saw, he's not much of a threat-before that he busted a cap in an armed drug dealer, but now he's operating under a bit of a handicap.
He is however, about 6'5", so he can probably take you bare handed!

Date: June 06, 2008 06:27PM

I'm not nearly as worried about his trigger finger as I am his ability to hold a pen for writing the check for his booth space. Hopefully the table saw accident hasn't compromised his ability to do that.

Posted by: Harold Krause (---.satx.res.rr.com)
Date: June 06, 2008 07:20PM

I will not be attending the show.

Wish I could and something I am planning for the future (when my kids get older and less dependent). But I did want to thank Mr. Kirkman for continuing with this event. There is no doubt that this is a HUGE contribution to the custom rod building industry (supplier and buyer). Yes, the economy is not the greatest at the moment and it may get worst. Oil just went up almost $20.00 a barrel in the last two days. If you need gas get it tonight, you will see about another $.10-.20 increase per gallon tomorrow (depending were you live). The dollar is weak and the employment numbers do not look good (ok I work in the financial industry…but it is just a job!).

There are however things that they say are “economy proof” (you know like beer and cigarettes) that most people will continue to use even when times are tough.

Good thing rod building is addicting!

Mr. Kirkman thanks again for all your efforts. With your influence and dedication, the show can weather these kinds of things (you know like Mother Nature type weather last year).

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 06, 2008 08:50PM

Tom,

One thing that has come to my mind is that High Point is served by Amtrak. I don't know how long it takes to come from NYC, but it is an option for Billy V and his Nerbs. Let us not let another strom cause problems.

I did not get to JP's get together but he deserves a good spot!! I have heard there is a new group called the SERBS (Southeast Rod Builders Society) which will stage a Civil War Reinactment of the Serbs vs. the nerbs in which hot blanks from Batson will be fired at Billy V and his nerbs. (only Lee surrendered Billy V will be the next!)

I am just thankful that this meeting appears to be coming about again.

Ed Smith
Flat Rock, NC

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 06, 2008 09:34PM

Ed, no way woudl I take a train down. I take way too much stuff. I'm gonna fly down, and if things don't work out, there will be a few guys driving which I'll coordinate a contingency plan. I know right now there are about 15 of us from several places around teh country planning to be there and hopefully building "Show Rods" instead of the same old same old boring rods we usually have on display, lol.

Date: June 06, 2008 10:17PM

High Point is the halfway mark between NYC and New Orleans on the Norfolk-Southern main line. This is the highest point on that line, hence the city name. You can travel it in a few hours, about 10 from NYC to here. The NS Crescent gets in very early in the morning (2AM) and the station is just across the street from the Radisson.

When times are tough and folks are calling for a recession, you can either tuck tail and join the frightened crowd or push ahead and refuse to be part of it. I'm doing the latter. So far so good. Booth sales are already up over this same time period last year. We're going to have another great event.

Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 06, 2008 11:11PM

What is the date for the shindig?? I hope to try to get down there this year and hand out with the NERBS.

Tony

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster