I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rice Thread
Posted by: Glen Hendricks (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: June 02, 2008 06:27PM

Hello everybody,
Well its been awhile since I have posted
anything and to see how you guys are doing,
Work has been keeping busy and building more rods.
Hope everyone is well. I have a little question and hope someone
can help me out. I need to find some thread, its Rice size D and its called rainbow.
I have some but I need to get some more and can't seem to find it.
I know that rice quit making it.
Would anybody now who would have any left in stock and where I could get it ?
Thanks
Glen
Live Long, Love The Wife, Fish Till You Die!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rice Thread
Posted by: Robert Tignor (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: June 02, 2008 06:36PM

Glen , your email is hidden . I think I have some in private stock , give me a call at the office number . If you get the machine leave your number and I will call you ASAP

Robert

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: June 02, 2008 06:41PM

I believe that Fish Hawk has purchased all that stock and machinery. If Robert doesn't have what you're after give Robbie at Fish Hawk a shout and perhaps he can steer you to some.

Date: June 02, 2008 06:50PM

oops, ok I fixed the email problem,
thanks for letting know. And thanks for the info.

I Was Born Without Gills, Therefore I Fish!
Love The Wife! Live Long! Fish Till You Die!

Posted by: Jim Gamble (---.187-72.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: June 02, 2008 07:07PM

Angler's Workshop has "reintroduced" their own line of threads. My understanding is that it is the Rice thread that was left from closing - purchased and stored for these years. They do have D size Rainbow Metallic listed. Last time I asked, it hadn't arrived yet ... but call and see.

Posted by: Russ Pollack (---.client.stsn.net)
Date: June 02, 2008 10:13PM

We have a bunch in our thread box. Please email me and we'll work something out.

FishHawk did indeed buy Rice and as far as I know Robbie doesn't intend to produce it anymore.

Please let me know what you need and we'll tell you waht we've got and see if there's somewhere in the middle we can help you out.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Date: June 03, 2008 06:52PM

Hey there Russ What I'm looking for is the Rainbow D size Bright Nylon not the matallic
and its the Rice brand. I had gotten it from MudHole about three or four years ago.
And now can't find any. email me or cal me at 281-635-1620
Thanks
Glen

I Was Born Without Gills, Therefore I Fish!
Love The Wife! Live Long! Fish Till You Die!

Posted by: Mark Marshall (97.95.152.---)
Date: June 07, 2008 01:08AM

I understand that it is Rice thread. I have had some ordered for some months now and have yet to see the first spool. I have emailed Angler's Workshop several times and for a while got an answer but now nothing. Disappointed to say the least. You should not advertise a product if you do not have it to sell and ship.

I even offered to purchase some additional products to help on shipping, my nickel, but that did not work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2008 01:10AM by Mark Marshall.

Posted by: Don Thompson (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: June 13, 2008 11:00AM

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find any lime green thread in size A or somthing similar to that size? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Please e-mail me or call my cell phone @ 214-549-0365. E-mail is donniejuan74@yahoo.com

Posted by: Mark Marshall (97.95.158.---)
Date: June 13, 2008 09:01PM

Since posting my previous response I have received 6 of the 8 spools ordered from Angler's Workshop of their house brand thread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster