I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Garnet color
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: May 08, 2008 02:00PM

What exactly is garnet color? When I google it I get everything from several shades of red to several shades of green. If I wanted a "garnet" color of Madiera thread, what number would it be?
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Garnet color
Posted by: Richard Kuhne (---.listmail.net)
Date: May 08, 2008 02:12PM

I have always considered a garnet to be the color of a deep red wine. Burgandy. I have no idea what color number that would be in Madeira thread but they probably have a dozen varieties or shades of burgandy.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (160.254.20.---)
Date: May 08, 2008 02:16PM

There are several "garnet" colors in Madeira. Color chart 3 has them, as does color chart 7.

Posted by: Ted Morgan (---.qld.bigpond.net.au)
Date: May 08, 2008 04:05PM

Garnet's always been a deep burgundy red for me too. Dunno about green. Wrapping a fly rod in garnet right now.

Posted by: Jason Kesckes (---.hrbgpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 08, 2008 07:33PM

garnet is a red jem stone...My vote is deep dark red and I believe Januarys birthstone FYI

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: May 08, 2008 09:43PM

Garnet, where I live in the Pac NW is a semi precious agate stone in the color discribed above. Find lots of them in creek bottoms in the Castle Rock, WA area, but they are fractured internally and you have to go through a lot of them to find a good one.

Posted by: Robbie Smith (---.37.40.69.ip.alltel.net)
Date: May 08, 2008 10:07PM

Spill a glass of red wine on your wife`s carpet and you will be reminded of Garnet for the next 20 years! I will be happy to send you a sample of FishHawk Garnet if you wish. Please respond to sales@fishhawkthreads.com if interested in a sample.

Posted by: Loo Peng Leong (203.125.84.---)
Date: May 08, 2008 10:32PM

My favorite for underwrap... Burgandy red.

Posted by: Russ Pollack (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: May 09, 2008 01:48PM

Fishawk's several dark red colors.

Or, Gudebrod #206.

Or, the 3 Madeira's.

Uncle Russ
Calico Creek Rods

Posted by: James Hicks (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 10, 2008 12:07AM

The garnet gemstone comes in a variety of red and green shades. The greens are less common. The most common is a dark red and that's the color most associated as the color "garnet".

Posted by: Ron Beloff (---.anp.disa.mil)
Date: May 22, 2008 12:31PM

I recently purchased a Lami 9'4wt XMG blank. The blank is garnet (burgundy) in color. What colors would work best with this blank? I plan on using Snake Brand snakes, tip top, and a Select Series Agate guide as a stripper (color yet to be determined but probably Type 4).

Thanks

Ron

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster