I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

2009 ICRBE?
Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: May 06, 2008 09:02AM

I clicked on the rodexpo.com banner above and saw...

"The 2008 event is now history. We set new records for attendance (1620+ custom rod builders!), vendors sales and seminar participation. You can read more about the event in the Volume 11 #2 issue of RodMaker Magazine.

Check back here in late May for plans and dates for the 2009 event. "

Last thing I heard was it was possibly a no... maybe I missed a post? I'm going to need a year to save up my $ again!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2009 ICRBE?
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: May 06, 2008 09:08AM

I cannot make a final decision until I receive the information from the city agencies involved. Frankly, I do not really care to do it again but I'm hearing from so many of the vendors just how important this event is to the industry and their final bottom lines each year that someone needs to continue it. But again, I can't make any decision on my end until I hear back from the convention bureau. Hopefully that will be in about two more weeks. Until then I can't really tell you anything.

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (---.scana.com)
Date: May 06, 2008 09:21AM

Makes sense... thanks for sharing that info Tom.

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: May 06, 2008 11:07AM

Thanks for asking Alex - it's been on my mind. I screwed up by canceling my trip. If it happens in 2009 I will go if I have to walk from MN.

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: May 07, 2008 08:24PM

Come on Chuck - lets get real! Everybody knows you can not walk out of your place to High Point - dog sled maybe or at best long skis or snow shoes - unless you leave in August of this year!

You No Who!

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.gctel.stellarllc.net)
Date: May 07, 2008 11:58PM

Dude! I have two sets of snow shoes in the garage. By the way - official ice out here was May 2nd. That is the latest in 29 years! And the walleye opener is this Saturday, and bass opens the 24th.

Posted by: Mark J. Mire (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: May 08, 2008 07:58AM

Best of luck Tom,

I certainly hope it works out for you, as well as the rodbuilders and industries!
I do enjoy this event and buy to much stuff!!! lol.

~Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster